Chapter 10: The Distant You

I rewind my past only to forget it. Everything is over now.

He got married to Emma. He loves her sincerely, I hope, he does. Being in a relationship used to be overrated for him. He better try his best to preserve this new relationship.

•••

I involve in a casual talk with Drew's brother. He looks more like my brother because of our hair colour. He seems like a chill guy.

Drew comes to us and stares at his younger sibling. He leaves us alone with a smile.

"What do you want, Drew?"

He makes sure no one is looking, and gestured me to show my palm.

"For what? I'll not show!" I protest. I don't want to spread any rumours.

He's always manhandling me. He pulls my hand forcedly and places the ring on my palm. It is the ring he gave me on Christmas. I protest against having it. Why'd I accept a ring from a married guy?

"Sue, I gave this to you. So it belongs to you. If you hate me truly, keep it. Or you still love me? You moved on, didn't you?" He stirs up my anger.

"Of course, I moved on. By the way I never loved you, you moron. I'll keep it only for the reason I hate you like hell." I poison his heart with my words.

"It's okay. You're the person I hate the most. No, dislike the most still I can't hate you," he shrugs. Hate and dislike are the same. He's annoying.

After I accepted that stupid yet beautiful ring, he extends a paper to me secretly.

It reads...

The ring always belong to you,
As it wasn't like me to you.
I like Emma, we're compatible.
But she'll not take your place,
It is just beyond impossible.

My life with my wife is fine.
The rebellious stubborn Susan,
Once she was mine. -A.C.

"Looks like you took a page from Joe's love book. It's good. I like it," I smirk. To be honest it was the best formal way to break up.

"Thanks, purple monster." He brush her hair as usual. We shake hands to peace out.

I got the ring back from Drew. Now it stands as a sign of friendship. I'm glad for the poem from him. It made my day. Finally we break up in peace with no hard feelings.

Drew is quite an interesting person in my life. His wedding is not so much of a nightmare. I handled it well. It is better for both of us if we stay separate.

I see you, Drew, standing far away with your bride.
Now I see nothing than you, only The Distant You.

❤ THE END ❤

Next chapter is an alternative ending. Do read it if interested.