Chapter 1

Alice was running home from the park, and it was 10:56p.m. "I'm going to be in a lot of trouble if my mom finds out I left again" she said on her way home. When she got to her front porch she looked through the window and saw her grandma sleeping on the couch. Then, she looked at the stairs and saw her mom going up, so she rang the door bell and ran to the side of the house and took her grappling hook out of her bag and stood there waiting for her mom to open the door. "Hello?" her mom said when she opened the door. "Whoever it is, stop playing games with me," then she closed the door. Alice quickly shot the grappling hook up to her window, then started climbing up. When she got to her window she looked in it to make sure nobody was in her room. No one was there, so she climbed in quickly. When she was in her room she put the grappling hook back in the bag, and threw the bag under her bed. She could hear her mom coming up the stairs, so she messed up her hair, got in bed and put spit on her face. Then, when her mom got to the door and knocked Alice got up and opened the door. Her mom looked at her and said "Why didn't you answer when I was knocking on your door like 2 hours ago?" Alice responded "I was taking a nap, I don't think I heard you knocking." Alice's mom looked at the window and saw it was open "Did you climb out the window and meet up with your friends at the park again?" "What?! Mom! No! That only happened one time. Just because I did that once doesn't mean I would do it again!" "That's what your father said to me before we got divorced", we just stayed there quiet. I couldn't believe she was comparing me with my dad. She knew I hated what he did to her. That was probably the reason why I didn't have a boyfriend. I didn't want what happened to my mom happening to me. Then, I broke the silence between us "Well...I'm not my dad, and I don't plan on ever being like him, so don't ever compare me to him." Then, she turned around and left. I could hear her walking down the stairs, so I got up closed the window and worked on my homework. When I finished I got ready for bed and went to sleep.