A Sorrowful Candle Light Dinner

Absolutely sorry for the delay... But I was absolutely sick... Though a lot better now.. So here is the next episode...😈
*******************************************

Dev drives up to a beautifully decored hut. It was the same hut, where he had spilled his past out to Sona, that rainy night. He looked up at the sky, it was growling but softly. Three years, the place was so much changed he thought to himself. He looked around to find his men in there. He gestures them to leave. Correcting his suit, he walks into the hut. He signs a man 'thumbs up', and the whole place lits up revealing the beautiful scenario out and in there. He walks up towards a door, and plays a recording.
"Get ready soon and come out.. Don't try to act oversmart... Else Dev shall be killed.. " says a harsh voice.

Dev then pretends to wince out in pain... And sits down on a chair, signing another man to tie him up.

Sona quickly gets herself dorned in the dress given to her by those men and walks out. She looks at Dev lovingly and in tears. The shimmering golden dress looked stunning because she dorned them today.

Both their hairs fly. Dev is blindfold. Slowly the lights begin to dim out, leaving a romantic ambience. Beautiful music begins to play. Sona was surprised at the setting while Dev keeps grinning. It took a few seconds for Sona to realise it was surprise planned for her.

Sona sits upon Devs' lap and removes the blindfold with her delicate lips. Both stare into each other's eyes for a while. Sona kisses him passionately over his cheeks and neck, moving onto untying his hands and legs... While Dev watches her mesmerized. The wind gushed in through the almost broken windows, blowing out the candles. The room swimmed in moon light while the lovers found peace in each others' arms. For a while, both danced merrily, pouring out their love.  Their love was something that had happened unexpectedly.. Something they were sure would have never happened. Hence this love became more special to them. Yet they never got to show their love out to each other. But that day, Dev had planned for something else.
Dev walks Sona up to a platform where different types of dishes laid in await. Sonakshi was extremely surprised to all types of Bengali dishes. She feeds a morsel to Dev while he feeds her back.
Dev then carries Sonakshi to a room, after dinner. He lights a candle and holds it onto her face. From inside his coat, he pulls out some papers,

"Sonakshi, I know it is hard for you.. But it was supposed to happen a long time ago. "

He says, sternly and sort of roughly. He looks away unable to hide the tears that brimmed up. Sonakshi stood in shock, unfolding the papers.

"Are you sure Dev?? You want this???"
She questioned almost breaking down.

Dev just nods, while Sonakshi thinks of all their happy moments together. Without another word, she turns away to leave, crying silently.

"I thought things were okay... I thought he loved --" tears just poured out while she walked stumbling and almost about to trip.

Dev sits down on the floor, inside the room,crying bitterly.
" I know this broke your heart. You deserve better. But I am selfish."

Both cry sitting on opposite sides of the wall.. Both turn and place their hands over the wall, the wall was the only barrier between the loving hands that wanted to fit in each other. With tears in their eyes, sleep dawns on them, giving them peace from their sorrows.

************

Ishwari was busy with Antara and Devakshi who posed to be Sona and Soha respectively. She was glad to have such a doting grand daughter. Devakshi helps out everyone in their works. Afterall that was how Antara had brought her up. Ishwari tries to feed her all the heavenly delicacies . But Antara just glares at her, to which Devakshi just refuses to have any morsel from Ishwari. Ishwari gets upset, while Antara just smirks.

Asha, Bejoy and Saurabh enters just then. Saurabh was glad to see Devakshi. He rushes up to her and takes her in his lap.

"When I saw you that day, I knew we shared some genes. I knew you were Sonas' shadow. Look at you...!!" he says pecking her on her cheeks. Devakshi stares at him bewildered.

"What was your name?? I questioned you but--"

"Devak-- umm.. Suhana"

Saurabh looks on doubtfully. Antara walks from behind and grasps her hands tightly.

"Ah.. Vai.. I call her Devakshi, lovingly.."

Saurabh notices changes in Sonas' behaivour towards him. But he just smiles and hugs her. He thinks, "I did not even ask anything and she is trying to cover up..Sona was never like this."

Elena comes from no where and hugs Sona from behind. All sit around together in the hall.

"I think Dev Jiju and Sona needs to get remarried, what say? I mean, there 1st marriage was unexpected, and they stayed together only for a few days. So--"

"Elena is right." Ishwari replies.

Everyone nods in agreement.

"There will be a festive moment too after a long time. Happiness is back home." Mama replies happily.

"Let me call the priest. And yes.. It should be a surprise. Okay??"

Everyone agrees in a chorus.

Antara smiles victoriously.

"I will be back in a few minutes" says Antara.

She goes to the backyard and calls someone.

"Hello! Sir.. Things are going perfectly, just according to plan.. Everyone suggested to get married again..

Hmm.. Yes sir--"

She gets startled by the noise inside. Saurabh bites his tongue, as he accidentally pushes a vase and hides underneath the table.

*******************************************

Guys this is all for today..  Extremely sorry for late update.. :(

Next update will be on the 12th only... My prelims will be getting over then.. :)
Have patience please.... Extremely sorry again.

If you enjoyed the chapter or loved it, please don't forget to hit the star button on the page below..

And thanks to all my readers and those who constantly vote for my stories for your immense support.

Also many many many thanks to all those who voted for my book in the Royally Yours Awards.. Thank you once again. A big jappi from me..

Love u all.. 💕
Hope I will always be having your support.. :)