Questions

(Your POV)

You had avoided going over to Mikasa and Eren's house for a month. You felt weird seeing Levi; it made you remember how much you wanted him. Instead, you had them come over to your apartment. Occasionally they would arrive accompanied by a meal that Levi had prepared. They would say that he was just concerned about you eating enough, but you knew it was a gesture of more than concern. Nonetheless, you still accepted the meals and always told them to thank him for the thought.

There were only two weeks left of your summer vacation before classes resumed again. You had invited Eren and Mikasa over to binge watch Stranger Things on Netflix and have a few drinks. It was about 4 AM by the time you had finished. In that time, Eren had managed to chug a six-pack of Bud Light that Jean had left at your apartment before you broke up. He also managed to break one of your chairs and eat all of the Funyuns you had bought for the occasion.

"Don't bogart all the Funyuns, Eren!" Mikasa exclaimed, grabbing the bag out of a drunk Eren's hands.

"But they're so goooooood," Eren responded, rolling around on the floor.

You could only facepalm at the exchange. Since Eren proved he couldn't be trusted with your furniture, you had suggested that you all sit on the floor with the large supply of pillows and blankets you kept on hand. The three of you had formed a circle on the floor and were talking about the upcoming start of the semester.

"I can't believe we're entering our last year of college. We'll be graduated by this time next year," Mikasa observed, swirling her mix of sweet tea and Fireball in her cup.

"I know. This summer has gone by too fast," you responded, sipping your [fav/drink]. "I don't want it to end just yet."

"I heard that Sasha and Connie are having a huge end-of-the-summer party next week. Do you think you'll be there?" she asked, finishing the last of her drink.

"And see Jean all over some slut? I'll take a hard pass on that," you scoffed. "Besides, I don't want to be the fuel of any drama."

"But [Y/N]," Eren begged, sitting up, "The party just won't be as fun without you!"

You smiled at Eren. "You'll have fun without me, Eren. You'll get trashed so fast that you won't remember I'm not there."

Mikasa gave you a sad look with her gray eyes. You smiled at her. "Believe me, Mikasa, I would rather have some me time to prepare myself for the hardest year we have coming up than to deal with watching my ex all over other girls. It's just sickening."

She sighed and rolled her eyes, knowing you had a good point. You both turned your attention to Eren, who had begun to count his toes and was laughing hysterically.

"Why do I have so many toes, you guys? They're moving back and forth and I can't focus on them!" he giggled, rolling backward again.

"I think it's time for you to go to bed, Eren," you chuckled, throwing a blanket over him. He went to sleep rather quickly, snoring occasionally.

Mikasa rounded on you. "Okay, spill it. What's actually going on? You've been weird since you broke up with Jean," she demanded, looking you directly in the eye.

This took you aback a little bit, but you knew she had been suspicious of you for a while anyway.

"Nothing!" you dismissed, waving your hands. "I've just been reevaluating myself a bit, is all!"

She squinted her eyes suspiciously at you. "Is it because you haven't got laid all summer?" she questioned, raising an eyebrow. "Because we can fix that if you go to the party."

You laughed at her words. "That could be something to do with it, but I don't want to just have sex with some drunk bastard at a party," you replied, "I just want to take time to figure things out again. I've had a lot on my mind since I broke up with Jean." You continued to sip on your drink.

"Are you sure it isn't a guy you've been thinking about? Your Tumblr posts really suggest you've got the hots for someone," she interrogated, to which caused you to almost choke on your drink.

Wiping your face, "I'm sure, Mikasa. If there was a guy, I would have told you by now," you attempted to reassure. She didn't buy it.

"Is it someone we know? What does he look like? Is it Bertholdt?" she persisted.

"It's no one! There isn't anyone to be worried about!" you exclaimed, your cheeks heating up.

"I'm still calling major bullshit, but when you're ready to spill the beans, let me know," she finished, finally giving up the subject.

You both chatted for a while more, before deciding to go to sleep as well. Mikasa occupied your couch as you went into your bedroom. That night, the only thing you dreamt about was Levi. You needed to see him again.