Color Blind

It was 3:45 PM after school

It was 3:45 PM after school. Lahinch, Ireland couldn't be nicer. The sun was out and shining. The clouds were nonexistent. Jordan was waiting for her boyfriend, Nick, and her friends, Maria and Lila. Jordan had met Nick six months ago after his dad started working for her dad's company. Maria and Lila had always been best friends, and then they started hanging out with Jordan. Before eleventh grade Jordan was hardly talked to. She didn't have many friends. She never wore makeup either. Now she have a ginormous amount of friends, her acne cleared, and she wears just mascara. Jordan can't think of a life that is as perfect as hers.
Jordan waited at Nick's locker. It was now 4:00 PM. She doesn't know why he is late. He is usually at her locker, but for the past few days he didn't come to her locker. She would walk to his locker and see him and he would drive her home. She had gotten used to the new routine, so she got her stuff and went to his locker. "Where is he?" She asked herself while looking at her phone. She looked around and just rested her back on Nick's locker. She felt herself fall back a little, so she immediately got up. She looked behind her and saw that the locker was just a crack open. She thought "Should I look through his locker? Yeah." Jordan has really bad trust issues. She still doesn't entirely trust Nick because sometimes he has to reschedule and not tell her why. She opened the locker and a little piece of paper fell out.
"Hey!

Hey.

Are you coming over later?

Maybe. At least if Jordan doesn't want to do anything.

Have you guys even had sex?

No. I asked her once and she got offended.

She is so sensitive. Why don't you just dump her?

Because I love her. And it might ruin my dad's career!

Are you just dating her because of her dad's position in your dad's job?

I wasn't at first, but now it's about half of why I'm dating her.

What if she finds out about us and your dad loses his great reputation?"

Jordan was shocked. Us? Who is us!? Was Nick cheating on her!? He is dating her to get to her dad's sweet spot! She read on.

"But you love me for me, right?

Yeah! You're great!

Sometimes I feel guilty, but then I remember that she deserves this!

She never talks to us about her feelings. Plus it seems she doesn't fully trust us.

It does. She just is strange. I don't even know why we hang out with her. She's beautiful, but she is so odd! She doesn't drink Starbucks, hates POP songs, hates soda, she gets sick a lot, and she doesn't wear crop tops, ripped jeans, or anything Nike! It's like she doesn't want to fit in!"

How does this person know Jordan so much? Is it a close friend? Lila and Nick have been planning a lot of things together. That's probably because of their close families. They have known each other since they were babies. Jordan was crying now. Her mascara was running and her contacts were scratching at her eyes. Her contact then fell out. She covered the eye, and tried to read on. She noticed she can't read like this. While Nick's locker was still open she tried to find loose papers with pencil marks on them. She grabbed them all and she put them all in her backpack. "OMG! Nicky! Stop! You're going to make me piss myself laughing!" It was Lila's voice. She and Nick had their arms around each other. Jordan felt betrayed. Felt lost. She wished that she could grab them by their necks and fling them across the room. "What if Maria knows about their relationship?" Jordan thought. They were coming around the corner. Jordan ran when she heard their foot steps get louder. She ran as fast as she could. Not looking back.

Then she got a call

Then she got a call. It was Nick. She answered.
"Hey. Where are you?"
She didn't answer. She just listened.
"Jordan? Are you there?"
"No" she thought.
"Jordan!? Are you okay?"
"No" she thought.
She hung up.
"He has the nerve to call me!" She screamed. She didn't care if the neighbors heard her. She kept running. Then she was in her neighborhood. She opened the door to her house with her house key.

"Jordan

"Jordan. Please sit down."
Her mother asked.
"Why? What's wrong?"
Jordan sat down at the dining room table.
Her father then spoke up.
"This isn't your fault. We both love you so m-"
Jordan interrupted him.
"What's going on?!"
Jordan got up.
"Jordan, no need to panic!"
"What the hell is going on!?"
"We will tell you if you calm down!"
Jordan sat back down. Breathed in through her nose and out through her mouth.
"Your father and I are getting a divorce."
Time stopped. Everything stopped. Nick, Lila, Maria, Mom, Dad. Everything she loved in her life was falling out of place. Jordan got up once again. She ran upstairs and locked herself in her room.

"Jordan! Jordan! Open up!"Her mom yelled

Her mom yelled.
"Never! Everything is going to shit!"
"Do you want us to call Nick's dad to see if he will let Nick come over?"
Her mom asked.
"Why would I want a person I hate try to comfort me!?"
She spat out accidentally.
"Oh! What happened?"
Jordan went to her door and unlocked it. Her mother and father bursted in. They hugged her.
"What did that bastard do?"
Her dad asked.
She told them everything.
"HE IS DEAD!"
Her dad yelled.
He stomped out of the room.
Jordan was sobbing uncontrollably.
"W-w-what is he doing?"
Jordan tried to spit out.
"Talking to Nick's father."
Her mother said. Hugging her and comforting her like she was the only thing in the world. Jordan is best friends with her mom. Right now Jordan felt color blind. Not fully blind, but enough to not see the things that are really happening around her. She couldn't tell the colors apart.