If I Could, I Would

Jordan was laying in her bed

Jordan was laying in her bed. It was 2:36 AM on a Tuesday. It was raining, storming, and pouring. Lightning and thunder was the only thing that can help Jordan sleep, but nothing was working at this stage of grief. She missed Nick, Lila, and her parent's marriage. She survived the first day, but nothing can be worse than the second day.

Jordan finally got some shut-eye after she laid for four hours thinking about how the next day would be hell. She cried herself to sleep. Jordan woke up to the sound of her blaring alarm. Today when the alarm went off it felt like it was mocking her. Her whole body felt heavy. Her limbs felt like they were under anesthesia.

Jordan has severe self anxiety, but Nick always told her how beautiful she was, so she felt more in control of her mind. Now, she just look in the mirror and thinks she looks like a horrid, fiendish, blob fish. She put on her mascara, got out of her pajamas, and put on a large shirt and black leggings.

Nick would usually pick her up from her house and drive her to school, but now that she has no attraction, interest, and is apathetic towards him she decides to ride the bus. She waits by the street corner. She hasn't ridden the bus in three years. She rode with her father, and then Nick would come get her. She heard the wheels of the bus. Then it was right in front of her. The doors opened up.

       She stepped into the school bus

She stepped into the school bus. There were only five kids. Harry and Mary (fraternal twins), Kaylee (Pageant Queen), Annie (Lila's cousin), Jake (Jock), and Andrew (Long term neighbor). Andrew was the guy who was shy, quirky, and pretty handsome. He was also Asian, so Jordan thought that was awesome. Jordan and Andrew talked to each other when the both of you were thirteen.
Jordan took the nearest seat to Andrew. Annie was sitting in front of him. She kept taking videos for Snapchat saying "I LOVE YOU ANDREW!" He wouldn't react, but kept listening to music on his phone. Looking out the window. Annie then tapped his head. He got frightened by her sudden interest. "Yes?"
Andrew asked.
"What is your name?"
Annie questioned. Even though she clearly knew the answer.
"You already know."
Andrew told her.
"No I don't."
She responded.
"Then why are you saying 'I LOVE YOU ANDREW!'?"
Andrew asked her. He sounded annoyed.
"Were you ignoring me?"
"Why not?"
"What?"
          And with that said Andrew put his headphones back into place and rested his head against the window. Annie slumped back into her seat. Annie was overweight. She was also really annoying. She never liked Jordan, and Jordan never liked her. Annie was rude and thought everything rotated around her. Nick hates her guts. They got in a fight a few months ago, and he told her the truth. That apparently nobody liked her. Jordan felt bad. Jordan didn't hate her, but she wouldn't have been her first choice.
               Harry and Mary were one of those twins that were addicted to each other. They were those fraternal twins that acted like they shared the same brain. Even though they weren't identical they were stuck to each other like glue. They ate the same lunch, drank the same amount of water, shared the  same ideas, had the exact same haircut (a short boy cut), and they only talked to each other most of the time. It creeped Jordan out a lot. But if they are happy with the way they are then it doesn't have to involve her.
Jake was the best football quarterback Lahinch has ever seen.  It was amazing that he was the most athletic guy in Lahinch. His parents actually hated sports, but he is adopted. You would think he was raised to think sports was something he would hate, but he grew up the opposite. He is also a moron. Typical Jake the jock. Jordan guesses that Jake just isn't trying his best in his studies, but in his sports. Right after Jordan's thought processed he jumped a few seats.

"Hey, Jordan! I didn't know you were on this bus!"
He blabbered.
"Yeah. I just don't really ride the bus."
Jordan responded.
"Doesn't your boyfriend, Nick drive you to school?"
He asked.
You could hear Andrew suddenly move after Jake said that.
"We aren't going to be a couple after today."
Jordan said. Nick was probably too stupid to know what she meant.
"Well. Okay. "
He spoke.
Jake then went back to his original seat. Jordan always thought what Andrew was thinking about. Andrew can always be so captivated in his thoughts sometimes he spaces out.
Kaylee, Lahinch's pageant princess, has won many titles. Including Miss Halloween 2016, Miss Bikini 2016, and Miss Lahinch 2016. Jordan forgot after that. Kaylee was pretty, and she caked so much makeup on she looked like she came out of a bakery. She always liked Jake. Jake has always liked Maria though. Maria has never liked anyone. She is asexual. Kaylee hates Maria's guts for her "stealing" Jake away from her.
Jordan's train of thought came to a halt when she sprung out of her seat because the bus stopped. They finally were at the place Nick would get what he deserves.