[2] Staying

take me down to the river

underneath the blood orange sun

Lien's P.O.V

School.

It was lunch and I was at my usual spot until Tea made me come to the canteen and eat there. We sat at a table at the opposite side of the room which I complained since it was actually pretty difficult to get there, trying to not hit anyone's chair and all.

When we finally arrived, Elise and Lihua was there. They seemed to get along but I noticed my sister was getting uncomfortable at Elise's insensitive words.

Tea and I sat down and decided to join the conversation. 

"Where are you originally from?" Tea asked while stabbing a piece of carrot. I scrunched up my nose because I really didn't like carrots.

"Poland." Elise replied bluntly.

"Wow~! Any hobbies?"

"I enjoy reading horror or mystery books."

Tea nodded and took a sip of his drink and went silent. I guess he can't think a topic to talk to her about without being too personal. She wasn't a huge conversationalist. It was sort of hard to keep up a conversation with her. 

"So..." I said weakly, I wanted to talk, I was sort of a chatter box.

Lihua seemed to notice my urge to speak and she happily brought up a topic. "Say, there's this birthday party a friend of mine is hosting... a Formal one..!" She started grinning from ear to ear.

I don't know if this is good or not.

"You guys HAVE to go!!!" She squeaked. "That means I can make dresses for you!"

"Tea and I are guys"

"Oh..right.. Elise can you come? pretty please?" Lihua begged, giving her puppy eyes while clutching her hand. "I have a brilliant idea for your dress! It's not too complicated and I think you would like it!"

I heard Elise's annoyed sighing and nodded her head with a stern expression but that didn't bother Lihua one bit. She practically jumped with joy at the nod, whipped out her sketchpad and frantically started sketching something, her dress I assume.

"Are you coming? Everyone's invited y'know." She hummed.

I looked over at Tea and he shrugged. "Well I don't have much experience with these parties and especially oh god these formal ones" I said.

"Well don't worry, I'll be there by your side 24/7"  Lihua smiled.

I mean, I've always wanted to see whats it like but the other side of me has no interest. "O-only if Tea comes!" Sorry Tea to drag you into this!

Tea gave me a glare but it quickly faded away. "What about our clothing? We don't have that much money" I said.

"Well I can make both of you formal clothing" she said, not looking up from her sketchpad.

"Where are you going to get the equipments and materials? We're not filthy rich you know" I reminded her.

"I've earned my own income by selling my dresses and designs online." She said, very concentrated on her work.

I raised my eyebrow, looking amused and took a bite out of my sandwich.

"Oh Lihua, you don't have to make me any, I can borrow it off my older brother." Tea said. "It must be difficult to do all this in like what? 3 days? I insist."