Cinderella: Lady Ivory Tremaine

No one understands me. My first husband passed only a year after our marriage. I was left all on my own with nobody except for my sister. We never got along very well, my sister and I, so she was reluctant to take me into her home. But, because she was-dare I say it-a sweet person, she did take me in and made me feel welcome. I had just started to feel like I belonged when I met the perfect man. Days later I had to find out that he was my sister's fiancé and could never be with me. They had been married a year and had a beautiful baby girl when I started planning my scheme.

"I know it was selfish of me, honest. But I had to do it. So, I slipped a bit of poison into her cup at dinner one night after disguising myself as the maid. My sister's husband immediately fired the maid and I acted upset about her-unfortunate-death," I said.

"We've all acted in a similar way, Ivory, so we know how you feel. Go on," contributed Queen Grimhilde.

"He married me because he had promised my sister that if anything happened, he would take care of me because I had no other family left. Of course I was happy. We had two daughters of our own and kept little Ella as well."

"Ivory, do you want to tell us why you treated Ella so terribly over all those years?" asked Hans.

"She was so beautiful and perfect and I really did love her. My daughters were the ones who'd make up lies about poor little Ella and I'd believe them because they were my own flesh and blood. Perhaps, now as I think of it, that was wrong. I was the fool all along."

A chorus of "No, of course not!" echoed throughout the room. I felt a little better, but I still felt as if I could've done something to protect her.

"I'm really not a bad person, am I?" I asked.

"Honey, if you ask me, we're all here because we've felt betrayed or used or whatevs. We've got to band together and show those weaklings what we're made of! I didn't steal that prince guy away from Ariel for nothin! She ruined me, and I will get my revenge back on her when I can. Once I get that trident back from her father!" Ursula commented.

"Isn't he your brother, Urs?" asked Maleficent.

Ursula blinked her heavily made-up eyes. "Yes, but I'm not allowed anywhere near his home for fear of creating havoc against his wretched daughter."

"Ursula, can you at least wait your turn? We'll hear everyone's stories and it's my turn," demanded Ivory.

"See? This is exactly why I don't trust humans!" Ursula screamed, lunging her octopus-shaped body at Ivory.

"ENOUGH!" shouted Maleficent, raising her arms up and creating a crashing boom of thunder above their heads. The room went dead quiet.

"We have come here to listen and sympathize with one another against those who've shunned us. We are at peace here, ok? Do we need to review the vows of the We Are Not Real Villains League?" she said.

Everyone shook their heads.

"Good. Now, Ivory please continue with your story and then we'll move on to someone else," Maleficent stated.

So I proceeded in telling my story. How my daughters tormented Ella and I joined in because why would I go against my daughters? My husband was out of town a lot on business so he never heard about any of this. Then the day of the ball came. I made her iron our dresses until they were perfect. Secretly I sympathized for her, but then she ruined my favorite dress. I made her go out to town and buy me a new one. Her punishment was not going to the ball. But that little twerp deceived me and went anyways. If she hadn't gotten her precious little prince she would've stayed a loyal servant and daughter to me. It really was her fault for everything, not mine.

"It sounds to me, Lady Tremaine, that it was your daughters' faults more than it was Ella's or your own," said Gaston.

"You mean to tell me that you believe I am the real villain here?" I asked, suddenly furious.

"No, I'm saying it wasn't entirely Ella's fault. You-we all have had a little to do with the way our lives are today, am I right?" continued Gaston.

"Yes, yes of course," I said reluctantly. I wished I could make things better with Ella, I really do. I just don't know when or how.