●[1장]●

We sometimes think we want to disappear, but all we want is to be found

Being alone made me realize some things:

First, you can't get hurt. Secondly, the world is too messed up, and finally, once you are alone, you'll get used to that loneliness.

Family means home and love, apparently, but to me it is just a prison that I can't escape. I come from an important household; the Yoo family, one of the top companies in our country.

My parents planned our whole lives from the moment we were born. We never had a choice. My sisters grew up hating me. Since I'm the only boy, my parents want me to be their successor. My sisters will be married off while I run the family business, or at least that's what things are supposed to be like. I, on the other hand, want to leave this house once I'm 18. Unfortunately, that's only a silly dream.

Through the years, I've learned how this environment works. Trust can only be possible if you can get something from it. I stopped trusting others after continuous betrayals.

*+:。.。  。.。:+*

The place that I hate the most is my school, Starship Academy. A very prestigious academy in Seoul where only 3% of the students are not rich.

In Starship Academy, anything is allowed as long as you can pay. Everyone has a price. It's a jungle where you can survive if you sacrifice your freedom just for a brief taste of money.

I'm also one of the many victims of that hell. In my previous school, I was just another tool they could use to escalate in the social rankings. Over the years, I have noticed how rotten our society is. I was tired of dealing with that, so I begged my parents to hide everything about me, so no one could take advantage of me. Only the principal and the headteacher are aware of my situation.

I spend my days in the library or on the rooftop alone, at least when I'm not being targeted. My invisible cape wasn't effective on a certain individual. Yung Jeong Hoon and his gang. A guy who spends his days tormenting poor students or loners like me instead of using his time for something else. Since his dad is a businessman with a couple of stores around the city, he believes he is untouchable.

*+:。.。  。.。:+*

My body is like an old canvas covered by scars. I even get creeped out. Whether my parents never laid a finger on me, Jeong Hoon hasn't stopped hitting me. My family, who barely spend their days at home, could care less about my situation unless it is related to my studies. At first I was so scared that I couldn't even get out of bed, but now I'm used to it. The employees even treated my wounds once. They tried to make me report them. I know how things like this are handled, and I'll be the one who loses in the end.

I barely feel anything at all; it's not as painful as before. Ending my life could be a solution, but I lack the drive or the energy to do that. I still want to stay alive for a little longer.

*+:。.。  。.。:+*

"The breakfast is ready, Young Master. Everyone is waiting for you." Sang Hoon (36), announced after knocking a couple of times on my door. He is the head butler who has been working for my family since ever.

I turned around tiredly and saw that it was only 6:30 am. I took a quick shower, then got all of my stuff ready before going downstairs. I need to return the books that I borrowed from the library before class.