○《2장》○

Loneliness and the feeling of being unwanted is the most terrible poverty

My feeble state could not hide yesterday's incident. I could barely get any sleep last night; I looked like a walking corpse. Just putting the clothes on burned my skin. From what I could overhear this morning while I was in the bathroom, Jeong Hoon's gang is being interrogated by the police. This time, they won't be able to run away.

I took a few pills that the doctor prescribed. The lack of sleep combined with the medicines made everything harder. I could feel the effects starting to hit. The pain was now bearable. Eating the breakfast was the hardest part; swallowing, chewing, or any small move was like being pinched with kneedles.

Luckily, I wasn't too hungry, so I had an excuse to leave the house quickly before anyone could stop me.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Somehow I was able to reach the bus stop. I was checking today's schedule on my phone when I heard a deep voice behind me that caught me by surprise.

"Mornin'," it said.

Behind me was the guy from yesterday. He wore old, torn sneakers with the uniform, which seemed to be second-hand. His face was scarier than yesterday, covered with bruises and dry blood stains.

I quickly opened my eyes—why was he talking to me?

"I thought a young master like you would be more polite," he yawned.

I glanced at him. What was his deal?

"I've never seen you before, young master," he said.

"Don't call me that," I mumbled.

"Ah, you can talk; I thought the pain wouldn't let you," he chuckled.

Before I could say anything, the bus came. He let me pass and sat a few benches behind me. I could feel his gazes on me.

Such a great start

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

I tripped while getting off the bus, but a hand was able to catch me.

"Nice catch," another passenger said. I quickly slapped the hand.

"You act like Sora, the grumpy cat that lives next to my house. Saying thanks won't kill you," the guy said.

"Listen..." I was getting so pissed, but then again, he interrupted me.

"Son Hyun Woo, Shownu," he introduced himself again.

"What do you want? Money?" I question him.

"Listen, Yoo Kihyun. I don't go around saving people or assisting them, expecting something in return. I hate when kids like you act all high and mighty. A brat who can barely move should stay at home instead of snapping every two seconds because someone dares to talk to him." He got closer to me, and his height made me take a step back.

"Then stop being noisy and move." I passed by him and walked inside the building.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾

At lunchtime, I hide on the rooftop. I eat something light in order to take the next pill. The pain was getting stronger. I was able to stay awake during lessons, but paying attention was hard. I sat and stared at the school's surroundings. There were students lazing around, eating, playing games, and many other things. On the other side, there was the baseball team field, where some students gathered. I recognized one of the members, Shownu #18.