Prologue

I grew up on a farm up near Rainbow Lake Alberta. My grandpa had a farm down the road from where I lived. My grandpa was a former rodeo star, he always said I'd follow in his footsteps and be in the rodeo one day too. My Mamma and Pa didn't want me to though, they always wanted me out of Rainbow Lake and to see the world, or become a doctor. I was so young so of course I wanted to make them proud, but as I grew up the world started to scare me. I didn't want to be there, where anything could happen and don't get me wrong the world is beautiful but that's not for me.

My grandpa had always told me stories from when he was my age, and how whenever he went to sleep he would have dreams of a ghost horse. Grandpa said that if you ever had a dream about a ghost horse then you would know you were gonna find your partner in crime as he liked to call it. Mamma and Pa didn't like him telling me these things, and they hated it when I came to them saying that I had dreams about my ghost horse. So they didn't let me see Grandpa for 3 years. 

So the dreams about my ghost horse stopped and I became a normal little girl. I went for 4 years without seeing my Grandpa, until he had a heart attack and after that I told him I would never leave him alone ever again. I never did, I visited him everyday, and I still do.