z e r o

Josh was watering the flowers in his garden, he grew an array of different flowers when he was younger and he still adds to his colourful plot every now and then.
The sun was gleaming all around the humble town in Ohio, it was hot enough to melt your ice cream; but Joshua didn't mind. He loved the sun, a chance to tan and more of an excuse to steal his sister's pumps and playsuits; he could buy his own but where's the fun in that.
The freckles on the small boy were even more prominent due to the sun, a small scattering across his nose and around his cheeks and a few constellations adorned his shoulders; which his mother adored. Small beads of sweat dripped down the young boy's forehead and back, the lustrous sun was directly above the small home of the Dun's and Joshua's tummy was rumbling.
"Mama, is lunch ready?" The small, freckled boy asked as he put down his watering can and fanned his delicate face with rosace cheeks.
"Yeah it's just on the table hun, come on in!" His mother gleefully replied, Josh could feel the smile on her face, as she spoke with such a warm tone.

🍋

It was begining to grow dark as the long, warm day came to a close. The sky was spattered with a few stars here and there, their size was varied; many small ones but it was the largest are farthest star that caught Tyler's eye. He sat on his stiff bed with stinging tears in his eyes. His duvet was covering his face; his brused and tear stained face. Today marked the day he'd lost the only light in his dark, cold life forever. It was the funeral of his mother earlier today. Tyler's mother was the only person he knew to have ever cared about him. His dad was no use; all he did was drink and threaten his son with homophobic comments. His mother would protect him but she can't do that now; which resulted in some new bruises and cuts on Tyler's, once innocent, face.
Tyler lay his head down on his beaten up pillow and began to weep until he eventually fell asleep.

Atleast his dreams were an escape from his cruel reality.