Addiction

"I love you" the boy whispered so nobody in the house would wake.
  "I love you too Ash, I just wish things weren't so difficult for us"
  "It'll get better in the long run I promise, just close your eyes and listen to the rain hit against you're roof my love, I'm right here nothing will happen to you Addison, goodnight."
  "Goodnight"
I hate leaving her to go to sleep but I had no choice. It broke my heart to hear her mumble goodnight to me in her saddest tone
I hummed to her in a soft tone to make sure she was calmed down enough to sleep, and stay asleep. I knew she was not going to sleep though, I know her mind is racing and she can't fall asleep on her own. Soon she got silent and fell asleep, I'm assuming.

Addison's POV
  "Goodnight" I choked out as I started to sniffle into my pillow, so quietly Ashton couldn't hear me. I just closed my eyes and listen to the ran hit against my house untill he started humming to me. I ran my fingers through my hair and took a deep breath. I muted myself so he couldn't hear me get up and walk to the bathroom then looked in the mirror and examined every flaw on my face. From my acne to my chubby cheeks and freckled nose. I'm nothing but a big flaw to myself. The more and more I looked back at my reflection the worse it got. My fingers crept down to my waist band and onto my thigh, feeling every bump I created. Tears started screaming down to my cheeks and hitting he sink, my hands gripping the edge till my knuckles turned white. When the spots started appearing in my vision I took a seat on the toilet lid easing myself  trying not to think of any of the events I previously went through. My mind is a scary place and only darkness can ever been seen in it, and through it. My minds telling me to get the things I dread of the most but my body is fighting my urges. Finally I cave in and peel the tape off the object to unstick it from the top of the drawer. As I examine the shiny object I notice the dark spots where blood dried a while back. Haunting memories come back to the last day I did it, the blood dripping down my leg and into a puddle on the floor, being scared shitless, not because I just cut my leg, but because I didn't feel it, in fact it was stress relieving. I was scared because I knew I found my addiction.