Christopher

He had been running for what seemed like years...

Twigs and rocks digging deeper and deeper into his feet as he ran pushing himself over the limit just to get away...

scars were sure to be left in place of the gashes in his sides, legs, and feet...

But....suddenly... He...He couldn't move......why...no..No! He couldn't move! In a panic his breath left his body as he tumbled to the ground trying to grasp air, as it was rejected by his body. His vision blurred as all he could see where those...white figures running over to him...

Darkness

His vision...why couldn't he see....his legs and arms where tied down...tight...to something. He struggled, he wanted anything...anyone! Wanting a glimpse at who or......what was holding him down.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

His stomach churned inside him.

A slice of pain was shot through his body as something separated his stomach wide open. The skin parting, like ripped paper under a scalpel. He screamed loudly and the pain subsided instantly. A males deep voice ripped the silence, "We forgot the painkillers..." His voice dipped with excitement and slight, sadness. He grabbed the bottle of painkillers that were behind his head. The pills thrashed and clinked inside the bottle as he pulled the cap off and shoved the pills into his throat without any water. Like sandpaper, the pills sank down into the stomach....

.

.

.

.

.

Numbness.

.

.

.

.

.

.

                 He felt nothing....his mind and body felt like it was simply floating atop the ocean. His mind and faded into nothingness, loving the feeling of...freedom. He was drifted into a deep sleep as the doctors cut, replaced, again, and again...and soon his body had plenty of mechanical parts to last him a while..

                                                                                              . . .

  The thing was,

  His father had set up this operation...

  His father....was the one who had grabbed the painkillers behind him.

  He was the reason his son was part cyborg...

  He knew this would happen, he simply knew it. That's why he sought shelter in the mountains.

  But he was found anyways.