13

It wasn't till evening that the trio finally came back to the real world. They unreal underwater town mesmerized them so much, that they considered staying there forever, however the weird drink effect wore off and they had to come back to the surfice.

"Oh my Neptune, I'm so glad we took up this job, oh sweet baby Zeus" Bokuto said as his feet finally touched the sand again.

"Wow, you're already catching the mermen dialect, aren't ya'?" Daichi chuckled. His took a deep breath and turned to Oikawa who was still staring at the ocean.

"You okay, Oikawa? I know it's hard, but we can't be there all the time" Daichi said, but Oikawa shook his head and kept on staring.

"You two can go inside and rest, I'll stay here for a bit more" Oikawa heard the other two walk away and his knees finally gave in. He didn't think that it would affect him this much.

It wasn't the amazing underwater city that was making his head clouded, it was Iwaizumi who stayed by his side all the time. He couldn't think of a moment when Iwaizumi wasn't next to him.

"Too hard to let go?" suddenly a voice spoke and Oikawa opened his eyes. He saw Iwaizumi floating around, looking straight at him.

"Yeah.. You know, you mermen have no clue what it's like to be human. You live a simple life, you don't have to worry about taxes or studies... I wish I could have been born as one of you" Oikawa said. He gathered the energy that he had left and walked into the water, just so he could be closer to Iwaizumi.

"It's not that easy. We do have studies and such. What we have to worry about the most are our tails. If one fin gets damaged, a merman or a mermaid are done for. And if we're being honest, I wish you were a merman too. In that way, this guilt wouldn't be eating me from the inside" Iwaizumi smiled at the other male, who seemed to be slowly drifting off to sleep.

"Guilt? Why guilt?" Oikawa asked, his voice was already quiet and he really felt like sleeping on the shore and letting the waves hit his legs.

"Because mermen aren't supposed to like humans, let alone male ones. Do you know how hard it was for me to explain why I marked a human person and not some redhead mermaid?" Iwaizumi sighed loudly.

~Flashback~

"Iwaizumi.. What do you mean you can't mark anyone anymore? I told you to wait, I told you that we will find a perfect mermaid for you!" his father was rather angry at him.

"And was I supposed to wait? Do you think I want YOU to pick someone for me? The answer is no" Iwaizumi spoke in a serious and angry tone.

"Who did you mark?" his father asked.

"Hmm.. How should I say it... It's a human person" Iwaizumi wasn't going to hide the fact that he had already marked someone, and that that someone was Oikawa.

"A human? Are you out of your mind? That's against the law!" his father was already boiling with anger.

"I don't care about the law. If it means that I have to leave this city, so be it. I'd rather get banished and die in salty waters of the Pacific Ocean than be with someone I don't even know. I'd rather follow mom's tail, not yours...after all you're the one who is at fault, you're the reason why her bones are the bottom of the Mariana Trench"

~over~

"Marked? Wait, are you talking about that blue mark?" Oikawa ran his fingers through his wet hair, exposing his forehead.

"Yup. One merman has only one chance to mark someone. I chose you, because no matter how hard I try to deny it.. I like you" Iwaizumi smiled at Oikawa, who's eyes were a bit wide.

"Wha...." he didn't even notice how Iwaizumi swam up to him. He took his hand and placed a soft kiss on it.

"You're tired, you should sleep" Iwaizumi spoke in a quiet tone. He started humming a melody which caused Oikawa to get even sleepier than he was before.

The sun had completely went down and stars were beginning to show themselves. Oikawa was slowly drifting off to dreamland in Iwaizumi's arms. He kept on listening to the melody that Iwaizumi was humming, it sounded magical and made him relaxed.

As soon as Iwaizumi noticed that Oikawa's breathing became steady, he stopped humming and looked at the sky. The stars were once again aligned in a position never seen before.

"The stars are right, they're always right... You're meant to be with me Oikawa.." Iwaizumi said before placing a kiss on his lips.

.

.

.

..

Oh wow look who finally updated Atlantis.

Anywayyyyy, my summer break starts this week sooooooooooooooooo who wants to call me on KakaoTalk?

-hatari.