Volume 1

Flame 1: The beginning of the Fire

Aihara Junichi stirred in his bed. The bright light of the morning sun piercing his dark grey blinds to cover his bed in a singular band of light. He could smell the food cooking below, and could hear the birds outside chirp to the spring sun. He felt the uncontrollable urge to force himself up out of his comfortable position in which he had sunk.

"Brother!" came the cry from his little sister downstairs. He forced his dark brown eyes to look over to the clock to see how long he had slept in. "Suzuki-san's here already!" she bellowed making a face up at him that he couldn't see within his room.

            Junichi leaped out of the bed and washed his face from a small ceramic bowl he kept by a mirror in his room

Junichi leaped out of the bed and washed his face from a small ceramic bowl he kept by a mirror in his room. Swiftly making his hair neat with a basic plastic comb which was always kept by the same bowl. His hair slightly spiked from the bed as he always had it, a measured look of untidiness to go with his overall demeanor. With a twist of his neck he knocked some of his bangs out of the front of his right eye and a flick of his left hand kept the pesky bangs away. With a few quick steps, he finished putting on his school uniform and moved to the window of his room which raised slightly above his bed. He the blinds to yell down to his friend. Suzuki Sojiro stood below in his overly tight school uniform on a body too large for conventional sizes. He took up most if not all the sidewalk with his muscular bulk. The sun was bright and it burned Junichi's eyes, but he was able to see the young giant, a full six feet tall with short red hair and deep green eyes. Junichi could see the twin handles of his friend's tonfa strapped to his back from the angle of his room. "Oi! So-kun, I'll be right down!" he yelled ducking back in to his room catching the other's reply.

"Roger that, Captain." The formality caused Junichi to sigh deeply. He rolled his eyes he moved out of his room.

"Good morning!" Junichi said happily moving quickly through the house. He passed his short sister, with her blonde hair and deep brown eyes. Wearing her school uniform, a mix of red and white all done up into a sailor outfit. Grabbing a slice a toast off his plate which was already set on the table and putting it in his mouth, swallowing a large bite he came to his mother. "Thank you for the food," he said kissing her cheek. His mother was tall: long brown hair a soft face with deep green eyes, her hands were soft but worn with work; she wore a simple blouse with an apron on as she cooked a pair of dress pants on beneath the apron. "I'm off!" he said after pecking her cheek grabbing his plate and bowl of rice. He stepped to the side dodging a frustrated swing from his sister as he pranced by and out the door.

The light outside was bright and gleaming, making Junichi blink hard as he put some more food into his mouth. He swallowed it quickly. "So-kun, good morning," he said familiarly to the larger student. "Oh..." he said being taken aback for a moment at another large, school uniformed student who was standing beside Sojiro. "Mu-kun, a good morning to you as well." he said bowing a little. The large brunette attempted to bow back, though awkwardly.