A Strange Machine

April 1st, 2017

I shot up, being interrupted from my sleep as an annoyingly loud whirring sound drilled it's way into my head.

"UGH it is physically and mentally impossible to get any sleep in this HELL HOUSE" my tone slowly grew louder as I lost my temper. 

"oh dear Riley I am truely sorry" my uncle whispered. "why are you whispering i'd be astonished if anyone was still asleep" I shook my head. "haha funny Riley" my uncle was still whispering 'did that 'project' do something to your ears" i emphasised the project while looking over y uncles shoulder as he blocked the door "ugh why can't I just see what it is" I groaned "because if..if someone see's it I could be in a world of trouble" he cautiously spoke "whatever" I rolled my eyes and made my way down the hallway.

I started to make myself some breakfast when my aunty snuck up behind me "did it wake you too" she wrapped her arm around my shoulder while she snooped at what I was eating "yes it did I was have quite the dream too" I smirked "oh my it wasn't the dreamy river phoenix was it" my aunty dramatically threw the back of her hand across her forehead.

"why yes it was" I laughed, see my aunty and I share the passion for river phoenix she has romanticized over him ever since she was young and when I was palmed off to her when my parents died she introduced me to the passion.

"oh tell me everything" she had a needy look in her eyes "well.." I smirked, "we were walking through madras it was a late afternoon and he was my age so only 16 we sat down and ate pecans and celery while we talked about life and what would come of it" I smiled breathing in through my nose.

See I was not only was I mesmerized by his angelic features I was also inspired in his choice of lifestyle being vegan and an environmentalist of coarse and that's how I turned into one only known as a greeny.

"wow that sounds incredible" my aunty admires my dedication to an absolute animal friendly food choice. "see apart from your uncle.." "being a loon" I interrupted her as I crossed my arms over my chest, my aunty huffed as she rested her hand on my hair "I just don't see how whatever has been locked up in that room the past couple of years is more important than us to uncle" I whined.

see a couple of years back my uncle and aunty used to be very close with me we were like a small family, but ever since that stupid 'project' my uncle rarely ever sees daylight.

"look your uncle is very serious in what he does" my aunty softly whispered "obviously" I rolled my eyes.

Just then I was interrupted by my uncle as he threw the living room door open "it's ready" he shouted causing me to end up five foot in the air.

"dramatic much" I held my hand over my chest as I tried to get my heart rate to slow down.

My aunty shot up "wait here riley" she said seriously "but.." the door slammed in my face as I jumped to follow . "ok then" I spun around to get some orange juice from the kitchen just as i heard a loud bang "that's it" I mumble as I pushed through the door.

"What is going on" I stopped to see a machine the size of a car, "uh riley uhm...isn't it wonderful?" my uncle smiled not knowing what to say "that depends what is it and is there supposed to be smoke around it?"

"aha yes it is riley maybe you should leave" he stuttered "NO" i screamed "you will tell me what this is right now, do you have any idea? of what it has been like to live with..."

I was interrupted as my uncle stepped forwards with a soft understanding look on his face.

"riley... this is my time machine" he smiled.

Authors Note~

Hey guy, this is my first ever time writing on wattpad so that was probably a horrible start I don't know however it would be great if you guys could give me some feedback or any ideas, it would also be appreciated if the hate could be avoided xx

Anabelle