arrival

I hate flying. It felt like I was sitting here for years when we had finally arrived.

Seoul. "A city where dreams come true". A beautiful sentence that made seoul sound like a paradise.. at least to the people that haven't been here yet. It's pretty hard to live here unless you're wealthy.

"Calm down you're here for work not to do sightseeing" I thought to myself.

After finally getting out of the crowd of people waiting for their beloved ones I walked right to the exit.

Shook by the lights of the city I didn't even notice that I was standing in the middle of the way.. until I felt someone push me. The guy instantly turned around to help me.

"are you o-"

I looked up, not being able to give an answer.. he was staring at me shocked.

"I..i"

before i was able to answer another guy, dressed all black shove him away.

" mr. tuan we have to go".

" a sec "

he answered and reached after me to help me get up

"sorry again."

he said, his gaze lingering on me for a second too long before turning around and walking towards his car with 3 other guys in black around him. They looked like FBI agents or smth.

"Maybe he is someone important..?"

I asked myself. But before getting the chance to think about it someone disrupted me by shouting my name

"Shortyyy! Heyy!"

It was henry. My friend from high school. it had been years since he moved to Korea but he didn't change at all. His blond hair, the way his eyes lightened up when he saw me. Guess distance doesn't matter to best friends after all.

He ran pulling me into a hug.

" it's been so long I'm happy you're here "

" henry.. hey "

I said as I slowly pulled myself out of his arms.

"Alright sorry princess I forgot the no touching rule"

he said smiling playfully as he took my bags to his car.

" You will love your apartment"

" apartment? "

I asked. He looked at me smiling before he looked back ahead and concentrated on traffic.

" yeah apartment. Come on hon we've been friends for 7 years now I know you. A hotel would be way too much stress. You'll like it. Less people meaning you won't have to talk to anyone and you will have time to yourself"

He was so cute. The only person ever to take such good care of me. He knew about my mentall illness and unlike most people he knew how to help. Social anxiety had made my life hard since forever but when he was around it felt way better.

" 15 months in an apartment will be more comfortable so don't worry "

I smiled and looked at the ground.

"Thanks you're.."

" I know I'm amazing"