Taxi Cab 👁‍🗨

Josh felt himself tense up. A ski-mask hung over the top half of his face. His mouth was formed in a gentle smirk. In the cold weather he held onto a dark red hoodie which dressed his torso. The boy in front of him was silent for only one moment. A deep conversation with the grave stone seemed somehow odd, but Josh felt content with the speech.

Josh had no intention to hurt the other kid, but being on his own left him to petty theft. The kid was easy, but Josh really debated. Morality was gone in theft, but this was awful. Even with the loss of home, he found the kid at equal loss with his mother having died this year. Tyler was already strained. His heart weakened in self-pity and 'what if's in a wild torment against himself.

Tyler, a kid he knew among others in the small town, was blind. Even when unspoken sadness resonated in his heart for the boy's situation, Josh shifted and glanced to the younger male, and tried to quietly hole himself in the darkness behind Tyler.

Tyler hummed quietly, leaning against the headstone, and started to mutter. Josh almost stopped breathing to focus on listening. When realizing it was rambles of "I miss you's" he felt instant guilt. He went back from the headstone Tyler leaned on, but only got closer from curiosity when the other spoke again.

"I found some old photos, Dad threw most out, but I have some. I remember- the, uh- the time we went bowling." He gave a weak laugh, "I remember beating you both.

Tyler's shaved head must have been cold in the wind as he rubbed at the top of his head. He chuckled gently at a shudder. The small laughter every so often seemed to carry through the December air.

"It's been really cold here- I know you loved the cold."

Tyler was pressing on his luck with the grave responding to him. He played with the snow that brushed itself along the rounded head of the memorial.

Josh noticed how he seemed tired. Exhausted. Bags held themselves onto his eyes. Almost in sync with thought, Tyler let a loud yawn leave him. A intruding thought must have come up,
"I had wrote another one earlier this month."

It sounded so matter-of-fact. Josh had no idea what that meant, but he tilted his head and was careful to approach silently, even over such delicate snowfall.

Tyler smiled gently to himself, a natural reaction with his self-pride in music and art, "Do you wanna 'ear?"
A mumble of "here we go" left his lips.

He kept it quite vague but must have said something to get the other's inquiry as Josh stayed completely still. He hadn't even thought he'd stay this long. Tyler looked upward and wiggled the cane about in the air.

He counted quietly and hummed trying to find his place.

"Don't be afraid. We're going home."

A soft almost rasp was in his voice. Clearing his throat he grinned at the bad start. Though he settled. Wriggling his fingers around his cane handle, he hummed gently, and swayed with the wind.

He sighed and let his smile falter with a soft hum, "There's a lot I am still thinking over from the past." He shifted, moving his hand, and put his hands playing in their respective pockets. Right and left. Tapping his fingers around inside the jacket, Tyler sighed gently, and kept his following statements quiet, but he rocked back and forth.

"I wanna strip myself of breath. A breathless piece of death."

A short inhale.

"I've made for you. A mortal rotting piece of song."

Josh's eye widened as the hard, cold lyrics hit him. A smile still dressed Tyler's reddening cheeks, but the kid finished his new lines, and was now blabbering about the truth of his wishes.

Josh was pretty surprised at Tyler's afterlife ideation. The kid seemed pretty fixated on the idea of death being freedom.

Tyler sighed softly, scaring Josh as he patted the stone harshly, and waddled himself to face the stone. Josh held his breath to not let out any sound.

He was really close to Tyler. Close enough to reach out his hand and touch the large jacket that wrapped warmth around the thinner male.

Using his hands to guide direction the kid stumbled forward before feeling the hefty stone.

Smiling gently he pressed a hand to the indented handprint, "I'm trying. I really am." A slightly voice crack could be heard, but keeping dignity close, he swallowed it back.

He was mostly trying to keep his grin stable for his own sake, "But- Past is past." He let the smile drop but he gave a shrug with the smile returning.
Only in a way to keep tears out. But they found their way under his dark, circular glasses.

Tyler laughed at his own mess of tears. He wiped at the waterworks and sniffled a bit. Patting the stone Tyler jumped when he heard something snap.

Josh, trying to sneak away at the intense moment, hadn't watched his footing. Twigs under the snow had made a small audio cue. Tyler held his cane tightly and started to shake. He knew being alone was dangerous with lack of visual, but he never actually expected anything. His mind raced as he heard nothing else.

He let his tenseness fade as he repeated gently to himself, "Animals, just a- uh- a squirrel." His words tumbled out to express security and comfort his own worry.

Josh feeling guilty and conflicted in bis actions had spoken up quickly, "I-I clean up here!"

Josh watched Tyler's face go through many expressions, but he stumbled, and caught himself on headstone.

Josh's hands flew to his mouth and he rushed over, "Christ! Im sorry!!"

Tyler was steadied by unfamiliar hands and shook himself of the fear that still coursed his body, "It's- uh- it's okay."

He mumbled it gently and shifted upright. Playing with the cane top he tapped at Josh's shoes, "You just startled me."

Josh messed with the ski-mask that still dressed his face and moved it back down over his chin. His mouth still being open for use, but he listened to Tyler ramble for a moment on his eyesight.

Josh gave small hums of understanding before eye his pockets while still in debate.