The Car Crash

TW: Car crashes

"No, I promise I'll be fine! I just need to finish up a few things and I'll drive myself to the theatre, okay?" Asked Jasmine, holding Anthony's hand.

Usually Anthony drove her to the theatre, with the fear of something bad happening to her if she was alone.
"Are you sure? The roads might get busy, and I don't-" Anthony started, but was interrupted by Jasmine pressing a kiss onto his lips.
"I'll call you before I leave, and I'll call you when I get to the theatre, okay?" Said Jasmine. Anthony nodded reluctantly, and pulled her into a hug, before walking out the door.
-
Jasmine grabbed her keys, and bag, and walked out the door, dialling Anthony's number.
     "I'm leaving now, babe."
"Okay, be safe. I love you."
"I love you too."

She quickly got into her car, knowing that she might be late if she took her time.
She drove out of the parking lot in their apartment complex, and started going her usual route to the theatre.

Suddenly, a large black truck barrelled into the drivers side of Jasmine's car, flipping it over.
She heard screams, and made out the shape of the truck zooming away, before everything went black.
-
"Anthony, do you know where Jazzy is?" Asked Renee, looking everywhere. Everyone was already in costume, and it was 20 minutes to showtime.
"I don't know, she should be here by now. She said she would call me." Anthony responded, the panic rising in his voice.

Suddenly his phone rang. He let out a sigh of relief. "That's Jazzy." He said picking up his phone.
"Hey, Jas-" He stopped mid-sentence. The voice on the other end was NOT Jazzy's.
"Hello, is this Mr. Anthony Ramos, fiancé of Ms. Jasmine Cephas-Jones?" The strange voice asked.
"Um, yes. Is something wrong?" He responded, already feeling lightheaded.
"We are calling from Mount Sinai Hospital. Ms. Cephas-Jones has been in a hit-and-run car accident."
Anthony froze. "I will be there shortly." He said stiffly, collapsing into his chair.
He started breathing heavily, and his hands started shaking.
"Anthony, what's wrong? Where's Jazzy?" Renee asked, helping him up.
"Ja-J-Jasmine was in a-a hit-and-run crash." He said, feeling like throwing up. "I have to go! I have to go! I have to go!" He yelled, grabbing his coat, not bothering to change into normal clothes.
"It's okay, hon. I'll tell Lin." Said Renee, letting him go.
Anthony quickly hopped into his car, and drove to the hospital where Jasmine was.
-
Anthony ran to the check-in desk.
"I'm here to see Jasmine Cephas-Jones." He said, short of breath.
"May I ask who you are?" Said the nurse at the desk.
"I'm Anthony Ramos, her fiancé!" He yelled impatiently.
"Okay then, right this way." Said, the nurse, raising an eyebrow.
"She was completely knocked out cold when she came in, but she's a fighter. You're a lucky man." Said the nurse, opening the door for Anthony.
"That sounds like my Jazzy. Thank you." He said, slipping into the room, shutting the door behind him.

He started to break down in tears when he saw Jasmine. She was covered in bruises and scrapes, and there was blood all over her.
"Oh, no, baby don't cry." Said Jasmine weakly. Anthony bit his lip, and sat by Jazzy. He began to cry, which made Jasmine cry too.
"I knew it! I should've drove you myself! It's my fault!" Cried Anthony, with his head down.
"No! It's not your fault! I'm not going to let you blame this on yourself!" Jasmine said, holding back tears. She held Anthony's hand, and wiped his tears away. Anthony looked down at Jasmine's hand. He saw the engagement ring was still there.
"You kept the ring!" He said, smiled at Jasmine, with more tears pooling in his eyes.

"It was the only thing I wouldn't let them take off." She said.
"I love you, future wife."
"I love you more, future husband."

A/N: I made it a kinda happy ending because you guys would kill me if I made Jazzy die