An Interview with Sharon Raiprakash

In an Alternate universe where Swayam and Sharon are real,and their real life story inspired the SwaRon of D3.

Voice over: Love isn't always rosy and happy. You have ups, you have downs and that's what makes it beautiful. We're now with the real life Sharon Raiprakash, who gets candid about what makes SwaRon special.

Reporter: That was a long break.
Sharon: So you were saying?
Swayam plays with Sharon's hair,watching the interviewer.
Reporter: What was it like for you Sharon? Falling in love with Swayam?
Swayam: This, even I want to know. Tareef tho once in a blue moon karti hai.
Sharon (grinning): Course not! Mei tumhari tareef karti hoon, roz subah.
Swayam: Kab se?
Sharon: Tab se, since you insisted on being the wife of the house.
Swayam: That is our secret. Its not meant for the cameras! Mera macho look ka maazak mat bano!
Reporter (chuckling): So...Sharon? Falling in love with Swayam was?
Swayam and Sharon wearing sheepish looks on their faces, turn back to the reporter.
Sharon: Yes, uhm sorry about that. Falling in love with Swayam was.....a shocking surprise even to myself. A sweet one though.
Reporter: Shocking surprise. Why do say that?
Sharon: Have you ever loved somebody so much that you actually ached? Let me tell you, it sucks. Its not all pretty as its shown in those cheesy romance films. And falling in love with a person whom you used to hate?
Swayam (frowning): Hey!
Sharon (grinning): I said used to didn't I? Yeah so, it was shocking at first. I could not accept the fact I love him, love not loved,[ I still love him.] Thanks to my huge ego, and his temper, we fought all over the place, he found ways to show me he loved me, I could not. It was a while before I realized how deep in love I am with this person I thought I hated. We've had a roller coaster ride on this journey of love, but that's the fun it. From hate, to admiration, to respect, to ego to love....it has been a whirlwind experience. *breaks off to look at Swayam*
Reporter: Swayam, anything you want to add on?
Swayam mutely says no, his eyes transfixed  on Sharon, the ghost of a smile playing on his lips. He silently excuses himself from the room.
Sharon: Give him sometime, he'll come back in about 5 minutes. Let's continue?
Reporter: That was a beautiful description you gave of your feelings.  Anything you'd want to say to the girls, who want a story like yours? A Swayam in their lives?
Sharon: (thoughtful) As a girl, I'd imagined my Prince Charming based on the fairytales that were read to me. All of us have that vision of our Prince Charming, who could sweep us off our feet. Tall, dark eyes, handsome and perfect. What we don't realise is, Nobody is perfect. We search for that one person who fits that image of our knight and lose sight of the person who actually cares for you. We do things to meet this perfect person and sometimes become whom you are not. And then you are met with disappointment. You need to look for that person who sees you as you. With all your flaws and imperfections and yet chooses to stay. That is love. The respect you have for each other, the care you take of each other...the little things one does is what matters really.
Somewhere in between, Swayam is back on the couch.
Reporter: Again, beautifully put. Ah Swayam! You just missed what Sharon said.
Swayam (chuckling): No, no, I caught it all on my way back.
Reporter: Since the two of you all are back now, time for rapid fire?
Sharon/Swayam: Yes! Bring it on!
Reporter: One thing you wish you could do that the other can?
Sharon: Flaunting our love. I'm jealous of the fact he can express his love openly but I cannot. At least not as well and subtle as him.
Swayam: You're getting there my love [winks] I wish...I could be as brave as her.
Sharon: What?
Swayam: (smiles gently at her) There were times, when we were dating, when we were trying to get our respective families to like each other. She would stand up for me against her family, I couldn't. She is very stubborn about things she wants, I've admired that in her.
Reporter: One thing you are jealous of about each other?
Swayam: No major jealousy, just a minor bite, if any guy tries to hit on her. [Winks]
Sharon: Awwww, cutie. Again, his extrovert ability when it comes to showing his love. I do quite like the spotlight he puts me in though, when he displays his affection (grins at Swayam)
Swayam: Quite an extrovert, when it comes to showing my love.
(Looks at a spot on Sharon's neck, while Sharon lightly touches it, blushing)
Sharon: Your love leaves quite a few scars. *one eyebrow raised, looks at Swayam* It was Swayam's turn to turn red now.
Reporter: *clears throat* Talking about scars, the worst dispute you've had/hated?
Swayam: All our disputes are our worst best. All hell breaks loose when we both lose our temper.
Sharon: The one with our secret relationship, which I think has been potrayed in the show as well. I actually realized his importance in my life...the need he'd become to me shortly after that. Worst dispute topper, I still feel guilty about it.
Swayam takes Sharon's hand in his and rubs soothing circles with his thumb on her palm
Reporter: A favorite memory of us?
Sharon: The hospital incident. I did not "die" as the show potrayed and neither did anyone kidnap me to kill me. I was critically ill, and was in the ICU. Someone had misinformed him that the doctors had lost all hope. I was kind of unconscious with all the meds in my system.
Swayam: Rey told me....and then I rushed to the ICU, kind of in a frenzy, yelling at anyone trying to stop me.
Sharon: Rey playing cupid. *sigh* so Swayam came rushing in to my bedside, held my hand and yes he told me he loved me. I dont remember it clearly, I remember being shaken slightly and then hearing his voice floating into a dream. I thought it was a dream till I was fully conscious. And so in that half woozy state I was in, I told him I loved him too.
Swayam: To me, it was the biggest relief of my life! The joy that coursed through me when I heard her speak. Losing her, meant I would have lost myself. Course, the doctor came shortly after and cleared out the confusion. Took a while for the news to settle in though. *shivers lightly*
Sharon entwines her fingers through his, holding his hand in hers.
Rep: Wow. That was dramatic. Less dramatic than the show but still, wow.
One secret about each other?
Swayam: As thin as she is, Sharon loves food! Bhukkad.
Sharon: Swayam snores when he sleeps. Light snorer though.
Swayam: I don't!!
Sharon: Do you want me to play the recording?
Swayam: Noooo! *mock glares*
Rep: Okay so, favorite SwaRon scene from the show?
Swayam: That's a tough one. I quite like the dance sequences done by Vrushika and Shantanu in terms of SwaRon, reminds me of our songs. Oh and the proposal scene maybe? *looks at Sharon*
Sharon: It's hard to choose one really. Its like picking one favorite finger out of both your hands. I love the work being done by the creatives and the team. Every scene is pretty nice.
Rep: And that's a wrap! Thank you Swayam and Sharon for being on the show and letting us into the real life of SwaRon. You guys have inspired us in terms of your passion for dance, wooed us with your love and we wish you all the luck!
Swayam/Sharon: It was our pleasure. Thanks for having us! Guys, don't forget to watch Dil Dosti Dance, Monday to Friday, 7p.m. only on Channel V! (Smiling, standing up) Image of Swayam and Sharon looking at each other,hands entwined, smiling.

Voice over: If you liked this interview, please like, comment and share the two interviews! Let us know what was your favorite moment about SwaRon in Dil Dosti Dance. Share your #SwaRonMoment with me. The best one gets a feature on our page!
Until next time then! Till then keep a tab on this space for more updates!