Chapter 1

He sat in his cell as he has for year, rocking on his bed, eyes darting around the small room. He jumped at every sound and movement, then went back to whereever it is he goes.

Footsteps echoed over the howling, ranting and cries of the insane. A smartly dressed young man walked down the corridor of cages, avoiding the reaching arms of the mad men that lined the barred walls.

The guards straightened up as the man approached.

"What is it this time?" The man asked the nearest of the two.

"His refusing to eat or drink, again." the guard said looking at his shoes.

"His getting worse Doc." The other said looking "Falling apart piece by piece, how long do you think 'is got?"

"That's what I hope to find out." The doctor answered mournfully as the heavy metal door rolled open.

He looked up as the doctor approached him.

"Good afternoon Marcus." He said smiling.

Marcus smiled back glad to escape his thoughts.

"Bryon." he nodded. "What's the problem Doc?" He smirked.

"You're not eating again Mark."

"So?" he shrugged

"Well, if you don't eat how can I get you out of here?"

Mark chuckled to himself, "You think I'd fall for that? I'm not insane Bryon, I can tell your trying to manipulate me."

"Well if your not insane Mark tell me what exactly happened in that town."

Mark snarled.

"Start from the start, we'll see if you can finish this time."

"I doubt it." Mark muttered to himself.

Doctor Bryon barked at the guards to get a small table and some chairs. Mark went back to his thoughts until they returned.

Bryon sat down and Mark was pulled back to reality.

"Come sit." Bryon said gesturing to the small wooden chair in front of him.

"I'll stay here thanks." Mark said lying on his bed, "How long have I been here Bryon?"

"Twenty five years tomorrow and if you don't work with me you'll have another twenty five years here."

Mark stood up, walked over to the chair and sat down eager to earn his freedom, he longed to see the sun again.

"Where do you want me to start from?" He asked

"The beginning."

Mark nodded and began to decipher the puzzle that was left of his memories.

"If it has been twenty five years than this would have start nearly thirty years ago. Jeez that means I'm near forty five." Mark chuckled to himself. "Never thought I'd live this long."

A guard came in with a camera and stand. He placed them behind Bryon and made sure it could veiw Marcus over his head.

"Ok start." Bryon said calmly.

"Ok Doc here it goes."