2

“Babe, who’s Mellisa?” You said reaching for the phone, trying desperately to allow him time to explain before you exploded. Already in a pair of sweatpants, he turned around, shock and fear grew in his eyes but he tried his best to restrain it. He opened his mouth to speak but you spoke first.

“Who the fuck is Mellisa?” Your voice grew louder as your anger began to bubble over.

“She’s a woman I know. Why are you acting like this?” Jimin tried to speak calmly but he wasn’t a good liar, not right now, not to you.

“Tell me she’s not what I think she is. Tell me that you’re not doing what I think you are because these last few weeks you’ve been acting like you have something to hide.” You stood up pushing the book onto the bed, holding the phone up in one hand. He pursed his lips and looked down a moment, his hands on his hips as the two of you stared each other down across your bedroom. After a minute he answered.

“I can’t do that. I wish I could but-” You cut him off.

“You wish? If you really meant that why are you with her? Why would you ever go to someone if you wish you weren’t with them?” You began shaking your head and put a hand over your face, not wanting him to see how much pain was evident on your face. You dropped your hand from your face before speaking again. “Why?” You asked quietly, pausing to catch your ever quickening breath. “Why did you do this? Am I not enough for you? Not pretty enough or smart enough or… just… just… enough? Were you dissatisfied with me, with us? I thought things were going well but I guess I was dead wrong.” He shifted where he stood as you shouted, biting his lip, distress and fear now painted across his face. Pain creeping into his eyes. He was afraid too, afraid of losing you though he knew whose fault this was.

“It’s not as simple as that, Y/n. I just-” he began.

“I don’t want excuses. And it is simple. Why were you with her?” Your shouting would surely wake the neighbors at this point.

“I don’t know. It was stupid. I don’t know what I was thinking. I was thinking that it wouldn’t go anywhere and you’d never know.” Jimin shouted back for the first time. It brought tears to your eyes. He’s never yelled like that around you but then again, until tonight neither had you. Not wanting to cry in front of someone who just broke your heart, you threw the phone across the room, hitting the wall beside his shoulder. He flinched and closed his eyes, his fists clenched by his sides.

“I’m going to go into the bathroom for a few minutes and when I come out, your ass best be gone.” You sniffled before walking past him to the bathroom. You thought you saw a tear creeping down from his eye but you were so caught up in your own emotions to notice his as you stormed past.

As you slammed the bathroom door shut, you heard him close behind you.

“Honey… Y/n,Please.” His voice was soft a bit cracked up and deep on the other side of the door as you sink down to sit on the floor, the door against your back. You sat silently against the door, feeling his presence still on the other side, you tried to stifle your sobs as they began to wash over you. You almost wished he’d hear you crying softly on the other side of the door, hoping that if he still cared at all for you that your pain would just add to whatever bit of pain he was experiencing.

Sensing you weren’t going to give him the chance to speak anymore, or if he did you wouldn’t listen, Jimin slammed his fist once against the door, causing it to shake which only caused you to shake as well.

That night you fell asleep on the bathroom floor.

And in the morning, everything felt empty.

-END-

-------------------------------------------------------------

This story was inspired by one of my favourite author.

Sorry for typos and grammar. I just changed the character.