Part 1- prolog

A cresint moon shined a silvery light down upon the forbidden forest. Under a thicket of trees that blocked the light of the moon, drifted a tiny fragment of soul. This tiny, almost non-existent shard of soul had once been part of a whole soul, in a physical hoast as all souls are. This small, torn, piece of soul was all that was left of LORD VOLDIMORT. Lord Voldimort had been the most powerful dark wizzard of the age, but that was ninety years ago, now, he was little more than nothing; a small fragment of soul neither in the world of the living nor the realm of the dead. He could not move forward into the realm of the dead, but he could not come back into the world of the living either--not without assistance The greatest most powerful dark wizard's essence was reduced to a cold wisp of bearly existing energy.
Although he was a tiny shard of soul cold, alone, and friendless except for the serpents in the forest that heard his whispering pleas, Voldimort would not see the error in his ways--in fact he was convenced the world was wrong and he was not.
nothing could warm his heart now--if he'd even had one to warm. He was too far gone ... he had always been too far gone to save. Voldimort had gone too far into the deepest, darkest magic never heard of, even inventing some very dark magic along the way.
Voldemort's birth-name was Tom, after his muggle father, Marvowllo, after his pure-blood grandfather on his mother's side, and Riddle, his muggle father's surname. Voldimort always hated the name Tom Riddle. It was such a common muggle name; such an ordinary name for someone so extraordinary. Learning that his father was the filthy muggle, and his mother the witch had been the last straw for Tom. He began using the name Voldimort--a name he knew all would fear one day. Did his dying mother really expect him to keep his filthy muggle father's name?
When the famous Harry Potter supposedly killed THE dark lord ninety years ago, the knowledge was, that Voldimort had made eight horcruxes- (A way of ripping one's soul by way of murder and placing it in an object hi.en somewhere so the person will not die,) that is including the one accidentally put in Potter as a child. Everyone thought there were only eight horcruxes, but in the end, there had been nine. The last horcrux was created as a last precaution ... a way to insure he did not die. During the hour he gave Hogwarts to surrender, he put one last peice of his tattered soul into a palm-sized, smooth, black, pollished stone.
Voldimort was terribly cold even though it was the night of the summer solstice. He could never be warm in this state, not even near a fire.
He was alone; all of his death-eaters were dead now. Voldimort thought of them ... remembering every face, ... every name; remembering the few who had died for him and the ones who had betrayed him and ran away. They had all joined for their own reasons. Some joined for power, some joined out of fear, some joined because they thought he was the winning side, some he forced to join. Lord Voldimort realized, not for the first time, that the only true trustworthy, loyal, devoted, faithful death-eater was Bellatrix LISTRANGE.
Bellatrix's loyalty had never been in question. She'd given her heart and soul to Voldimort, thus she paid the ultimate price. She was the last of the death-eaters to fall in the unsuccessful and highly humiliating battle of Hogwarts, killed by none other than Molly Weasley.
MY BELLATRIX, Voldimort thought, killed by that blood- traitorous woman!
After the down-fall of Bellatrix, the duel between Potter and THE DARK LORD began. That had been the end of THE DARK LORD ... or so the world thought!