「prologue」

ᴍᴇᴛᴀᴍᴏʀᴘʜᴏsɪs ⚓

[prologue]

           How can somebody be so afraid of the water yet feel so comfortable around it?

           How can somebody hate another but love them with all their heart?

           How can somebody not believe in fairy tales but are living one instead?

           How can somebody find love when they simply just weren't looking?

           There are so many questions that don't make sense. But what kind of question would explain what happened to her?

           It was late at night, the cold air from the calm sea beneath the expensive ship blowing in everyone's hair. People were dancing and talking, eating and drinking all they wanted. Amanda and Niall wanted this night to be one of the most special they've ever made for their friends and family especially with such a huge occasion. Although Amanda had no idea, Niall was planning to shock her with the biggest news he'd ever told her - that's the reason they had this tremendous party on their finest ship. Amanda's mum, Brenda, was sworn to secrecy by Niall to never tell Amanda why they were all here until this very night while they were on the sea in front of all their relatives and very close friends. What Niall had planned was something hardly any couple would get to in their stages of being together - but when people did reach that stage, they'd grab it and know they had nothing to lose. So that's what Niall thought to do. But he never thought twice if she said no to him in front of half the town. He didn't even know if she really loved him. After all, she'd never said it.

           Amanda walked gracefully around her family's $1, 0000 ship made out of anything and everything only the queen could afford, occasionally stopping to talk to her friends and family. The silky white dress her mother put her into hugged Amanda's curves and unique body figure perfectly. The ends of the evening gown flowed down her legs like a blanket of pricy materials. It was a shame such a beautiful dress required so much energy from its thickness - close to weighing at least thirty pounds. Her white pumps weren't all that comfortable either as they made killer blisters on her ankles from all the walking and standing Amanda had to do tonight. But then again, no one ever said being beautiful was easy.

           Amanda had greeted and chatted to almost everyone on her family boat within the last three hours they'd all been out to sea. Although Amanda didn't like what was under the sea, she loved to be around it and take in the beautiful, flawless features. She hated not being able to swim and connect with the ocean, but also knew it sometimes was for the best considering how many shark attacks there's been. But the thing that interests her most would be the tales of the sea and what lies beneath it.

           The night was getting on perfectly, it now being at least eleven p.m. on Sunday night. Amanda had finished greeting all her family and was relieved when she knew she had time to say a quick hello to her three best friends, Chris, Liam and Emma. The three were all standing by the end of the boat, dressed all nice and proper even if they didn't like it. If they were honest - they'd rather drink out of a public toilet then be here and wear actual clothes for once. But then again they knew the reason why everyone was here and although they didn't agree, they weren't going to make a fuss.

           "How's it goin'?" Emma smiled at Amanda who stopped by her group of friends, exhausted from not having a chance to sit down at all for the last three hours. Amanda leaned against the secure and thick railing of her ship, breathing out from feeling her sore feet relieve pressure from the ground a little.

           "Everything is just fine." Amanda nodded in response, getting cheeky smirks of her three best friends as they watched her be annoyed and frustrated with her clothing. If she had the choice of her clothes, she would've picked shorts and a plain top but obviously Amanda had no say over anything these days.