Chapter Thirteen - Decisions

Start the video when I say to down below..

Previously...
.......................................................
"Apple! Apple!" She wheezed.

"You want an Apple? There's apples in the break room."

"No, apple's the word on Caldera for asphyxiating."

"Oh!" I quickly let go and she took in a much needed breath of air.

"You're welcome Chase. That's what friends are for."

"Hey guys" a familiar voice croaked.

Kaz checked on her vitals and smiled. "She's going to be fine"

......................................................

Chase's POV

I was so grateful that Katie was going to be okay. I finished up my training and mentoring at the bionic academy, and then Adam and I went over to check on Bree. When we got there we did not get the news that we wanted to.

"Hey Oliver, Kaz." I greeted. "What's going on with Bree?"

"Oh, uh hey! Yeah we've been waiting for you. You guys have to make a decision today."

Kaz stumbled around with his words. And it wasn't because of his extremely declined baseline intelligence. It was because he was trying to hide something.

We sat down at the break room and I got a chocolate shake, Adam got mint ice cream.

"So what's going on?" Adam said with a mouthful of ice cream.

"We did some tests on Bree and since she hasn't been able to recover yet and start physical therapy, and she's been laying in a bed for 2 weeks, it's added on to her injury."

"What are you saying?" I urged.

Skylar walked over to our table and whispered into Oliver's ear

"The prosthetics are here. We're ready to operate."

"Skylar, you do know that the dude sitting next to me has bionic hearing, right?"

"Uuhhhh" she stammered.

"Wait, what prosthetics?" I asked.

"Yeah! What prosthetics?" Adam copied. Leaning over to me he whispered "uhh what's prosthetics?"

I mentally face palmed and ignored my brother's stupidity.

"Chase, that's what we need to talk about." Kaz admitted. "We scanned Bree's legs and there's no blood flow, no active nerves, no reflexes. We needed your permission to amputate them and replace them with the prosthetics that we ordered."

"What? Amputate?" I yelled.

"Yeah! What ampiatade?" Adam copied. I just started at him dumbfounded. "That's not how you say it is it?" He asked.

"Nope."

"Alrighty then"(😜 Adam moment)

"But if that happens, then Bree won't be Bree!" I stated. "She won't know what to do without her superspeed." I held back the tears that threatened to flow down my face.

"What did Bree say about it?" Adam asked.

"She doesn't know. Right now she's in a medically induced coma. We injected the anesthetic just a few minutes before you all got here." Oliver explained.

"But why would you put her in a coma? I thought Chase was the only one who could make people fall asleep." Adam kidded.

"There's an infection in her right leg and while she's awake, she's in a lot of pain and the infection grows. Before we have to amputate something else we decided that it was for the best until you guys got here." Kaz informed.

"Well, we don't want her to be in pain or for the infection to spread. If you say it's for the best-" I looked at Adam for a minute and he nodded. A couple tears formed in his eyes.

"We have to do this for bee-bee." Adam choked on his tears.

"For bee-bee." I replied. Kaz returned with the forms and we signed them. Kaz had to grab another one because Adam drew a stick family all over the first one.

"Can we see her before you operate?" I asked.  Start the video!

They nodded in silence and Adam and I made our way towards her hospital room. Since she was in a coma, they had her hooked up to a ventilator and her heart monitor was going on too. Since there was no blood flow to her legs, they had turned purplish green. I silently prayed for her safety during the operation, and Adam did too. We prayed for a miracle before, but they still needed to amputate. Hopefully the prosthetics would work and she would be able to walk again.

I called Mr. Davenport's phone but Leo answered. I told him what was going on as the hospital noises pounded down my eardrums. I'd do anything to change what happened that day at our mission site. I wish I could go back in time and change all of this. I wish.....

"Chase, Chase!" Adam yelled. I left my trance and hugged my brother.

"You okay?" He asked.

"If Bree is." I replied.

Before they came to take Bree away, I kissed her on the cheek. "I love you Bree"

A.N. sorry if that was too sad but it will get better. I know it was short but I just really wanted to post this😊 I love it and I hope you do too! Let me know your thoughts on the comments below and if you liked it, plz vote and share!!

Raquella anna