Bond

A/N  Surprise guys a other update hope all like it and I might not update next week because of school and testing

Jack stared straight into the grainy leather on the back of Alfred's headrest as they drove through the city. He believed he had never seen Gotham before and the veil of rain on either side of the car camouflaged its beauty. The car ride was boring, and brought a strange peace to his soul. After Garcia gave the orders, he was finally a free man.

-Until assigned house arrest under Wayne's watch.

Bruce turned to his prisoner. "City of Wonder, some call it."

Jack only muttered something, void to the billionaire's encyclopedia.

The billionaire stared at the man next to him, and how disgusting he looked. Stray makeup still caked parts of his face, his hair matted in a greasy mess, fingernails unkempt and dirty, and he smelled of wet dog. I'll give Alfred a vacation to Hawaii for ten weeks if he just gives him a bath.

Bruce shifted in his seat, attempting once again to make small talk. "So you really don't remember anything?"

"Nope." Came the annoyed reply.

"I guess it's better than..." He trailed off, knowing he was making a complete fool out of himself and mentally smacked himself in the face.

Awkward...

"So even I make billionaires uneasy in a car ride. I must have really unnerved you."

Bruce scoffed a little. You have no idea.

Alfred glanced into the rearview mirror; even he was perturbed at the strange conversation.

"So... do you like Frank Sinatra?"

The scarred man gave a twisted and incredulous expression. "How should I know?"

This sucks.

Bruce gave a long exasperated sigh, and returned to frowning at the window.

The rest of the car ride was as awkward as a blind man in a lingerie department, with the only sounds being the rain and muted tunes of Frank Sinatra on the radio. Jack was introduced to the penthouse, and made himself at home by tossing his bags on the guest bed he was given.

"Uh, is there anything I can get for you?" Bruce suggested, unsure of what else to do.

Jack tapped a thumb to his lips, thinking to himself and beamed, "Yeah a scotch on the rocks. Actually hold the ice."

He smirked at Bruce before tossing his crutches on his new bed.

The brunet watched him hobble to the bed before sitting down and looking around the room. He could feel a sarcastic tone rise in the back of his throat to shoot back, "Anything else I can get you?"

No response.

He nodded, shutting the door. "Alfred will come get you for dinner."

Through the thick wooden door, he could hear the resident mumble in sarcasm. Bruce Wayne sighed to himself. Have you regretted it yet?

"Alfred, am I making a mistake?"

"Yes, you are Bruce. You're drinking coffee at this hour."

Bruce rolled his eyes and sat the warm mug on the counter. "I mean with him. The Joker, or whatever he wants to be called." He walked over to the kitchen table in the penthouse with the kind butler following him and they sat face to face.

"What would you have done?"

"I would have my doubts, as you do sir. But it was not my choice."

He sighed. "Jack is just... different from the Joker. He's just like a rogue teenager believing everyone around him hates him." He stopped to think to himself. Well, that is the position he is in right now. Don't you have any sympathy for him?