Second Chances

(Listen to this song while reading. This song is what my soul is like all the time.)

(Different story line, by the way.)

Sock looked up at the starry night sky, connecting the constellations, mouthing their names. He shifted his weight, lying down on the soft grass of the hill behind Johnathan's house. He hadn't seen Johnathan for 5 years! During those 5 years, Sock had been proving himself to his boss Mephistopheles, ruler of hell. Finally he was returned to the mortal world, and he was human again. And it took-such-a-long-time-to-find-Johnathan!!!!!!! It kinda pissed Sock off. He just wanted to see Johnathan again!!! Even though he wanted to see him, a part of Sock was worried that Johnathan wouldn't recognize him, or worse, demand he leave and never return. Sock raked a hand through his wavy, brown hair that had a rebellious streak of orange on the right side of his head. His green eyes shifted until he saw the moon, bright and full, craters and all. He sighed. Sock stood up brushing his jeans and purple hoodie (purple was Johnathan's favorite color.) Then, he heard a voice. "S-sock?" Sock slowly turned around. And there stood Johnathan, his sea blue eyes and sandy blond hair as beautiful as Sock remembered. "Johnathan.", Sock breathed. Then, he was just there, holding Sock close. He buried his face in Johnathan's chest, hugging him tightly. Johnathan pulled away a little and wiped Sock's cheeks. Sock hadn't realized he was crying. Nor did he care. All that mattered was that Johnathan was here, with him. "Sock." Sock shifted his green eyes to meet Johnathan's blue ones. "You're wearing my favorite color." Sock cracked a smile, a real one, for the first time in five years. "Yeah.", he said, "I thought you might like it." He shivered suddenly. Johnathan quickly reached out and took Sock's hand. Sock felt heat coursing through his hand and up his arm. "Your hand is freezing.", Johnathan murmured. "I don't care, as long as I'm with you.", Sock said quietly. Johnathan squeezed his hand. "I'll always be with you." That was all it took. Sock moved in and crashed his lips on Johnathan's. they kissed long and hard, wrapped in each other's warmth.