Oh my grsh!

IM IN THE TOP TEN!?
IM IN THE TOP TEN?!
I'm IN the TOP FREAKING TEN!?

Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh!

Honestly, I did not see this coming at ALL. When I first submitted this short story, I told myself from the very start, "Well, it's like a one in one thousand chance, and I already know I'm not going to win but YOLO." This was just one story that I've always remembered from my elementary years and thought, "hey I guess I could write a short story on this."

I kinda hesitated before I entered it though. I am super self conscious, and always overthink things. After I submitted this short story I almost deleted it several times, just because I felt self conscious of it. But, I left the short story published and then I got a message saying I have been selected in the top ten for the #13ReasonsWhyContest !

AHHH! I'm still so freaking ecstatic! When I got the message, I literally thought that it was some sick joke. There was no freaking way that I actually was in the top ten. I knew for a FACT that there were other entries that were WAY better then mine that were submitted by more popular authors on Wattpad.

Actually this is what I responded when I heard the news-

I honestly could not believe I was chosen. And in one day, I went from 11 reads, to almost 130!

IN ONE DAY!

I never really thought I was a very good author, but writing is just something I really like to do, so I write anyway. I see popular author's stories and constantly wonder what they do to make their story's so engaging and good, but I feel like I still can't grasp what they have and put it into my own writing. I think of my writing as average, never in a million years would I have thought I would be in the top ten for a writing contest, with all the amazing competition I was up against.

I'm only in eighth grade, and I was up against these grown adults. How did I of all people get nominated?!

But I am seriously so happy that I'm in top ten, and It just totally made my freaking day. I doubt I'll get a shoutout from Jay Asher though. I was lucky to get nominated in the top ten, but I don't think I'm THAT good. I bet Rapped up is going to win, because I thought that that entry was just really deep, and to make it into a rap? That takes true talent.

Anyway, thank you to the judges of the #13ReasonsWhyContest for choosing my story in the top ten, and thank you to the readers for taking the time to read my entry!