Act 1 Part 2

[Jordanns point of view]

After a long day of school, I was happy to finally see my front door, & even happier thinking about the bed I would be in within minutes. But the second feeling stopped when I saw a rather large box on the doorstep. There wasn't anything special about it except for its size, & the fact that it had my name in block letters on the side of it.
I brought it in my room & tried to figure out where it came from. Soon after though, curiosity got the better of me & I opened it to find a new computer, a disk labeled "Sburb", & a letter that reads:
Dear Jordann,
    You & 11 other kids have been selected for a beta test for my new game called "Sburb", a game where you're objective is to build to the farthest gate & reach the place called Skaia. Programmed on the computer already, is a communication system called pester-chum. To avoid the mess of figuring out who is who, I've set the settings where it will only show your first name.
                                                Good luck, W
After failing to make heads or tails of the letter, I quickly plugged in the computer which I have been asking during Christmas for years. When it turns on, "Pester-Chum" started up automatically. There are two lists that separate 11 names, one that show those who are offline & one that shows whose online. I realized my name isn't one of the ones listed & assumed that it's because I'm the one using the program. Just then, someone's name switched to the online list & an exclamation mark appeared beside it. Clicking it opened up a chat box with someone named Scott.
Scott: Hey I saw you were online & wanted to see if you got a box full of stuff too.
Jordann: Yeah, it was strange. I don't remember signing up to be a beta tester or anything, do you?
Scott: Nah I didn't even know what a beta tester was until my bro told me an hour ago. Have you started the download?
Jordann: "I'm supposed to download something? I didn't know, I've just been poking around here and there to see what I could decifer. This "game" is unlike any I've played in the past"
Scott: my bro has beta tested a few times & told me to insert the Sburb disc to download it as soon as possible. He's a big time gamer but he's never heard of anything like sburb, not even in the back part of the Internet.
Jordann: "Oh, well then I guess we should. I think I saw a disk in the box"

I walk back to the box & pick up the disk before walking back to my computer. After inserting it, a bar appears separated into 12 pieces. Two of which are filled in. The estimated time to wait is 10 days. "10 days to download? Sheesh!" I muttered under my breath. I went back to the chat box.
Jordann: Okay it started.
Scott: did yours say it'll take 11 days too?
Jordann: "Mine said ten. This game sure takes its sweet time, huh? I hope it turns out good"
Scott: 10?! Let me check mine real quick.

There is a pause for a good minute.

Scott: mine says 10 too. I started it just hours ago too?

All of a sudden, somebody named Skyler joins the chat.

Skyler: So has either of you two even heard of this game?
Jordann: "Nope. First time hearing of it, isn't this strange?"
Skyler: and what's with the 9 day download. My Internet is one of the best you can buy.
Jordann: "9 day?!"

I decided to check again. Sure enough there's another bar filled in. I blinked in confusion. "This makes no sense."

Scott:IT WAS JUST ON 10 DAYS!!
[Luke has joined the chat]
Scott: I CANT BELIEVE THIS WHY DOES IT KEEP GOING DOWN? ARE WE IN HYPER DRIVE OR SOMETHING? ARE THE DAYS FLYING BY WITH EACH SECOND?!?

Scott continues on his rant while I leaned back in my chair & thought for a little bit. "Wait...maybe it's linked to...", I thought out loud. I checked the download & sure enough there is another bar filled. I check in to see how Scott is doing.
After Scotts mental breakdown, Luke finally gets a chance to talk.
Luke: wow...that was...intense. Btw I don't think my mom will let me download something for eight days.
[Scotts computer quit unexpectedly]
Luke: Is he okay?
Jordann: "Don't worry Luke. I don't believe you have to wait eight days. Each day seems to represent a person who hasn't logged on yet. Once someone joins, a day goes away. Looks like we have eight more people. But I wonder what happens then...
Luke: that's a little better to hear. some of the people on that list are some of my friends I think. But there are a few I don't know. Like Scott or Skyler.
Jordann: "Wait, how can you tell? There are only first names, it even says in the letter that came in the box"
Luke: Yea but they have the same first names as a lot of my friends. Either it's a coincidence or it's really them. I could text them & ask. Brb.
[Luke has disconnected]

He's right' she thought. Her eyes scanned the list of names once more. 'By those circumstances, Luke could be Luke Smith, from my drumline. He doesn't really like me much, but at least I know him.' then my eyes stop on one name. "Hunter..." I whispered the name. I then shook my head 'I'm kidding myself, what are the chances that it was MY Hunter?
More people join in one at a time, & the download time shrinks to match. Finally Alyssa, the last person, joined in. The 12 bars, now filled in green, had names in them & arrows pointing to the right in between all of them. They appear to be in the order people joined. The order is as follows: 
Scott-> Jordann-> Skyler-> Luke-> Nick-> Ashlee-> Cydnee-> Hunter-> Gerrod-> Jemma-> Slayton-> Alyssa-> Scott.