Chapter two

This story has been rewritten as of 2020. Please be mindful comments may not go with whatever is being said in the story, so do not be confused. Enjoy :)

...

Kai really hoped Zane wasn't awake. Actually, he was pleading he wasn't awake. Nindroid or not, the ice-user still felt pain, and it was more nerving for the teen ever since he'd gained his new body. It didn't stop him from calling out his name - it was a precaution, just incase he- 

Zane lifted his head weakly, looking into his fiery eyes momentarily before being thrown back down by a gust of sharp wind coming from that... thing. "Stop it!" He yelled out angrily, wanting nothing more than to charge at him, but unable to do so without being smashed against a wall or the ground. "You're hurting him!" 

The being laughed, and there were two voices, almost interlaced with each other as he did so. Kai narrowed his eyes. "Of course I am! Can't let him get up now, can I?"

A rustling noise, followed by a small groan made the fire-ninja glance to his left to find Jay standing up on shaky feet, eyes determined and fearless as he charged towards the enemy. "I don't have time for this." The impostor groaned, throwing Zane against a tree, the nindroid landing with a hard, horrifying thump before turning his attention to the blue ninja, swirling his power around him to pick him up, before flinging him back again, making him land on Kai. The possessor created a harsh swirl of wind to surround their friend, so they couldn't get to him. "Just stay down!" 

Cole grabbed them both by the collars of their suits, lifting them up with a huff. His brown eyes portrayed his pain and agony at the situation. "Never." He growled.

...

Well, that was easy. 

Morro landed his dragon, which puffed out a green mist, satisfied with their victory too. Hopping off, he walked over to the robot, who was semi conscious, bleeding blue blood out of the side of his head and neck now, eyes clenched in unimaginable pain.

"So, Lloyd was it?" It wasn't as if his name hadn't been mentioned enough times for him to know who he was, but he still started with that, crouching down to grab the nindroid by the hood of his suit, beginning to drag it back to his dragon. "Care to tell me this things name? I've forgotten it already." 

The green ninja was seething inside of his own mind - Morro wasn't stupid, he could tell. "He is not a thing! Don't you say shit like that! His name is Zane!" The ghost couldn't help but chuckle, using his dragons dark-coloured wing to shove the robot onto the body - he'd exhausted himself with all of the fighting, and felt as if there was no point using his powers. "He's one of my best friends..." 

"I mean-" The dragon began to flap its wings, lifting them easily into the sky. "I already knew, to be honest. I'm glad you decided to bring him along today, because now not only do I have the green-ninja, but the very ninja who defeated the Overlord." He missed out the bits that included Lloyd defeating him the first time. That didn't matter. "Having the strongest and smartest with me should quell that ridiculous bond your team seem to have. They won't be able to work with only three members." 

...

"-ane, Zane, hey, wake up." There were rough hands shaking him, and he let out a whimper, those brand new nerve sensors doing their job as pain shot up his body. Zane tried opening his eyes, finding it more difficult that it should be - and even when he did, his vision was blurred as his optics fought to regain full capability. "Alright, hey, can you see me?" 

He reached out a hand, finding fingers grabbing onto his blood-stained wrist. "L-Lloyd?" He could tell it was him instantly from that insanely strong and worried grip - it was like Cole's, but Zane could sense the difference in age from the tone of his voice. "P-Please stop-" The white ninja ground out, grinding his teeth in pain. "That hu-hurts."