Chapter One // Rekindling

Hi guys, this is my first ever fanfic and I hope you like it! Feedback please?

-

Torn in Two
Chapter One // Rekindling :

I peer over my shoulder and see Shawn in perfect view. I miss him being my best friend, the one I could tell everything to, the one who could make me happy in an instant. As I was looking at him he seemed so blissful. Why did I have to make that mistake? I ruined everything.

As the bell rings I began to put my books away and Sasha bumps into me, causing multiple books to slam onto the ground. She's he biggest bitch I have ever met, oh did I add slut too? She used to have a "thing" with Shawn but she just used him to get followers, since he became Vine and YouTube famous for his angelic voice and was part of MagCon. She's always hated me but I have no idea why. When she's walking out I hear Shawn telling her to leave me alone. I thought he hated me.

SHAWN'S POV:
"Sasha, get the fuck away from Cassie and if you touch her again I-." She cuts me off.
"What are you gonna do? Hit me? That's not gonna be the first time you pounded me." She says back with a smirk and winks.
I walk away containing my anger, I made such a big mistake on having sex with her to get back at Cassie. Cassie should've been the one I lost my virginity too.

CASSIE'S POV :
I plop down onto my king size bed, my body sinks in, my head goes crazy. I can't stop thinking about that night that changed my life forever. The lie I told Shawn because I was too embarrassed to tell Shawn the truth. I feel guilty and empty.
I dial his number on my phone, I still remember it after 5 months of not talking to the boy I grew up with.
"Hello?" He answered curiously. Hearing him talk reminded me of how much I love his voice.
"Shawn, I miss you. I need to talk to you, I need to explain everything that I lied about." I say while a ball forms in my throat that makes me want to scream.
"Cassie..."
Him saying my name makes me feel so happy.
"Can I come over?" he says.
"Please, I miss you I'm so sorry."
He hangs up. He's probably not going to show up. Tears flood my eyes and like a river they come crashing down as I bury my face in my pillow.

About 20 minutes later the doorbell rings, I want to run down and see but I don't want to have false hope.

"Oh honey, it's so good to see you! How are you doing?" I hear my Mother saying. I hear him.

SHAWN'S POV :
After greeting Cassie's Mother, Diane, I walk up to her room. Seeing her bright teal walls makes me remember all the memories we have had.
"Cassie?" I say as I see her curled up in a ball on her bed, just like how she was after her Father's funeral. She looks up, one second later she's hugging me so tight. I miss this, our long hugs. She means the world to me. I wrap my hand around her waist and squeeze her tightly, I will never let her go again. The words "I'm sorry" escaped her lips.

CASSIE'S POV :
As I look up I see Shawn, for a moment I felt like I was dreaming. I get up so fast and put my hand around his neck and his huge hands slide around my waist, I hug him so tightly. My eyes start watering, I open them and see my mom watching us, I shut my eyes.
I didn't wanna let go, but I did. I sit down on my bed and he sits on my damask chair next to my desk.
"When we were together, and you found out I lost my virginity to some guy...." My voice shakes.
"I didn't lose it to some guy."
His eyebrows raise in confusion.
"Then who was it?" He starts raising his voice.
"I don't know Shawn, I was raped."