The Seeker

[Hey guys, thank you for reading, would you mind commenting as you read, i just need to know if the story is liked so i can put up more chapters. Good or bad comments are welcomed as it'll give me an idea of what is like and disliked. Thank you and enjoy reading!]

Prologue

The setting sun cast a blood red shadow on the hills of Aruwan. Its last rays touching a mansion situated on the high cliffs of a massive mountain range. From within the big building laughter from a little girl could be heard. The sound so innocent it seemed almost out of place.

The little girl was running around in the nursery room. Her short blonde hair bouncing up and down as she ran away from her father, smiles echoing on both of their faces. The girl ran towards her mother, who was watching the two on a white couch, situated in the back of the room, under a big open window. The woman smiled, but didn't feel the emotion. Worry and fear was in her eyes but she concentrated on her five-year-old daughter, afraid the child might notice her distress. Her daughter jumped on the couch and hid on her lap, bursting into giggles as her father approached the couch. She tickled her daughter and almost found it painful to hear her laugh. She kissed her little girl on the forehead, and lingered a few seconds longer, before looking up to her husband's loving eyes. Their eyes met and they both knew they were running out of time. The little girl wiggled her way out of her mother's grasp, eager to get to her pile of stuffed animals in the far corner of the room. She chose her favourite white bear and was on her way back to her parents when her father told her to stop and hide between her toys. He mother, now alert, was standing next to her husband, her eyes focused on the door. He was here. She looked at her husband as he moved towards the door. She wanted to reach out to grab him but drew back her hand quickly. She knew better than to show any fear or concern. She looked one last time at the pile of toys, searching for her blonde head baby. Their eyes met and she heard the door open behind her. She heard the sound of an electric surge coming into contact with something solid. She turned her head to see what it was. She gasped and ran to her husband, and saw in the corner of her eye another blue light coming from the figure still standing in the doorway. The blue light formed and was fired.