Chapter 5: The Past

(hey guys hope you like the next chap, thanks for reading :) Enjoy!)

Chapter 5: The Past

Auriella rested against the wall, her breathing still irregular. Her mind was blank and she stared ahead of her, the rain filling puddles all around her. When she finally came to after a moment she screamed, the heavy rain sucked up her screams but even if others could hear them she didn't care. She was unable to deal with all of this information. Unable to think of what she had just heard but needing to think about it because she just couldn't believe it. The boy she had met years ago had become the child of the man she feared the most. He was her best friend, the one person she had a little crush on as well, and now he is no longer the person she had thought he had been. She sunk down against the wall, feeling that even the wall might morph into something that she didn't think it would be. She put her hands into her wet hair and rested her head on her pulled up legs. She couldn't even cry but felt her throat was raw from the screams. She didn't know how long she sat in the rain, but she figured it was a while, because the rain was now falling with less force than it did. She saw two black shoes in front of her and didn't need to look up to know it was Dietrich. She felt him arrive a few minutes before. He probably waited for her to control herself before he walked up to her.

With effort she moved her head up and looked at him. He was emotionless and his strong wise eyes stared back at her. Somehow she felt his emotionless demeanor comforting. A few seconds passed before he stretched out his hand, he seemed awkward with the gesture, but she gladly took hold of his hand and he helped pull her up. He legs buckled as she stood and she felt strong arms surrounding her waist and keeping her up. She rested her head on his war chest and closed her eyes. In a blink of an eye she could no longer hear the sound of rain and she knew they were in the little living room. She heard Joeye rushing towards them, saying something but she couldn't make sense of it, the familiar blackness taking over her mind and body and she submitted, allowing herself to fall into nothingness.

"Her vitals are normal but as for her emotional state, I'm not sure she'll wake up any time soon." Joeye said as he approached Dietrich and Auriella who had lost consciousness.

"Take her to her room and let me know when she wakes. I have no choice but to tell her the truth." He said and handed Auriella over to Joeye.

"But she's not ready, her mind will not handle this." He said pleading and looked down at the beautiful girl in his arms. Her light brown hair and clothes sticking to her face and body.

"We are running out of time Joeye. I will expect you to bring her to the study when she wakes. End of discussion." Dietrich order and without looking back he left for his study.

Joeye bit his lip and did as he was told. He took her to her room, dressed her in her pajamas and dried her hair. He was surprised at how long her hair had grown. Last time he had to take care of her like this was 500 years ago, when she had been drawn into a war between mages and orcs. She had won off coarse but her hair had been so short then. She had always kept it short since the death of her parents, only allowing it to grow to touch her shoulders. Now it was almost touching her shoulder blades. He tucked her into her bed and then walked out of the room. Hoping that she'll have a dreamless sleep.

Auriella woke suddenly. Feeling that she wasn't in her usual room, it felt different but familiar. She struggled to open her eyes, feeling exhausted and it took her a few seconds to remember why she was so tired. The thoughts came rushing into her head and she clamped down on them, refusing to open the lid just yet. Instead she focused her mind elsewhere and she opened her eyes, curious to see where she is. She saw a window, the sun was just about to set, and it's beautiful orange pink colours filled the medium sized window. She stared at it for a while, until she could no longer see the sun but only the colours. She then attempted to move her body, cautiously moving her limbs to see how much it hurts, but to her amazement it didn't hurt as much as she expected. She turned on her back and expected the room. On her right, just below the windowsill was a comfy chair, red in colour. Her bed, now that she looked at it, had an antique feeling to it. It had beautiful carved wooden pillars on all four ends of the bed, and creamy drapes hug from the frame that connected the four pillars. They were light and see through, but brought a sense of magic to the dark wooded structure. She sat up straight to further inspect the room. There was a cupboard to her far right, it too had beautiful carvings on it, and the same type of wood as the bed. She couldn't make out the carvings and neither knew what type of wood it was but it was beautiful and captivating. Her own bedding was the same creamy colour, but the material was neither silk nor cotton, but it still felt as soft and smooth. She saw a door next to her cupboard and thought to inspect it when she heard a knock on a door to her left.