1.5 | Little Dinner Date

Sapphire

"You better watch it, you little bitch."

I roll my eyes, finding it a little hard to remain unbothered. Julissa thinks she has power over me. Which, quite frankly, she does. But I'm not gonna let her see that.

"Why don't you just give up?" I ask, a bit aggravated that she ruined my plan of going to the beach. Every time I plan on it, something goes on to prevent me from going. "He's my man now, big bitch."

I mentally slap myself. Is that really the best I can do? How embarrassing. A five year old can come up with a better comeback.

Probably thinking the same, she laughs humorlessly as she shoves me against the lockers. Wincing, I look around to see if anyone at all is still around, but I'm left with no luck.

"Where's your so-called man to protect you, huh? You know, when we were dating, he asked me to stay away from you. Right then and there, I knew something was fishy. You were just waiting for the right moment to get at him, weren't you?" She gets closer to my face with each and every word. "You thirsty, home-wrecking, fucking whore."

One of us is everything she just mentioned, and it's not me.

"Would you like a mint?" I completely change the subject by asking. "I have some in my bag. Please take some if you're gonna be all up in my personal space."

She glares daggers at me, and in that moment, I realize the saying 'if looks could kill' is a real thing, because I'm sure I'd be six feet under by now.

"Listen here, stupid bitch." She starts, shoving a stiletto nail into my chest. "Stay away from what's supposed to be mine, and I won't make your life miserable. Do I make myself clear?"

Instead of answering, I dig into my bag and force my pack of mints into her palm. Closing her fingers around it, I offer a sweet smile before gently pushing her away from me to regain my personal space.

"Keep it. It's for a good cause."

Closing the gap between us again, she pulls back her hand and in a split second, the sound of a 'slap' echoes in the empty corridor. Cupping my burning cheek, I look up through my curtain of hair to see her glowering at me.

"Don't fucking test me." She snarls. "I'm warning you."

With that, she spins on her heel and storms away.

Stunned, I let out a shaky breath and straighten up.

Note to self; don't be one of the last ones to leave school.

* * * *

When I get home, I make sure to lock the door behind me before heading towards my room. As I reach my door, Ian steps out of the bathroom, a blue towel around his hips. He has another towel in his hand, using it to dry his hair.

When he sees me, he nods his head at me in greeting and I wave lamely, my eyes subconsciously trailing down his wet chest. They stop right above the towel before my eyes snap back to his face.

Fuck.

He's smirking.

Feeling my face warm up, I quickly stumble into my room and slam the door. Resting my back against it, I hear Ian laugh to himself before the sound of his own door closes.

First, I embarrass myself with lame comebacks, and now I openly check out my housemate? I really need to get it together.

My phone vibrates in my pocket and I quickly pull it out to check the text.