Chapter 1 : The Circus Fire

Located thirty-seven miles northwest of California lays a little oregon known as Corydon. It was surrounded by trees, most noticeably pine and oak trees.

In Corydon lived a kid named Alex Reyes, a twelve year old boy that dreams to be a journalist. He lives with his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Reyes, and his twin sister, Richie Reyes. They both study at Corydon's National School.

Despite being in middle school, they only had two real friends, who were Ray Rodriguez and his cousin CJ Smith. The four of them usually hung out after school. They would watch movies, play games and have sleepovers.

During a sleepover they had, they kept telling stories about Corydon and it's mysterious atmospere. "Okay! I've got a story that will get you guys up all night!" Alex exclaimed. "Sure it will." Ray said sarcastically.

"Twenty years ago, deep in the woods, was the Corydon Amusement Park." Alex said. "There were booths, snack machines, games and at the center was a huge circus tent." He continued. "During one of the performances in th circus, the ringmaster went to the center of the tent and exclaimed, "Now for the performance you've all been waiting for! Give a warm hand to Joey the Fire juggling clown!"

"As the audience applauded, Joey stepped into the spotlight, smiled and pulled out five bowling pins from behind him." Then Alex stopped, panned left and right, and continued. "When Joey started juggling, the crowd were amazed and they started to cheer.

But then, when all were going well, a lttle boy in the front row threw the ball he won at a booth at Joey. Though not hitting the clown, it did hit the bowling pins, which caused some of them to land inside a nearby cannon. A little girl was near the cannon and, despite the warning of the nearby adults, pulled the trigger and fired the pins."

"What a coincidence that all of that happened in one night!" CJ interrupted. Then Alex said with an angered expression "Would you be quiet and listen." "Okay, fine. There's no reason to get upset." CJ replied. Alex cleared his throat and continued. "The bowling pins flew through the air and hit the tent's roof, causing it to catch on fire. As the fire was slowly burning the tent down, the people evacuated the tent quickly."

"Joey looked around as the tent burned with fear in his eyes. He watched the people evacuate and saw the two children who caused this. "You two! Get over here!" he shouted with anger. He ran towards the children with his hands clutching. The children saw him and ran faster, but Joey caught up with them. But before he could grab them, the tent collapsed. The clown looked up as the whole tent was falling down. The children ran and escaped, but it was too late for Joey. He was buried under the tent as the ringmaster, clowns and people stood there and left."

"Legend has it that Joey's spirit is still roaming the amusement park, snatching innocent children who wandered there, never to be seen again." Alex finished. The room was silent. Then Richie said to lighten them up "Hey, it's just a story...right?" Ray asked with a smile on his face "Do you want to find out?"