Childhood Love #3

He was coughing and sneezing for the past few days now.His employees have told him to take a break.

"I'm fine,"he said shooing them away.

"Psst! Sis, I think we you should call Ma'am."an employee suggested.

"Are you sure? We might get in trouble."

"I know, but he is really sick.It might get worse if he doesn't rest."

"Alright, we'll just tell her not to tell him that we called her to come here."

"Yeah, we'll do that!"

On their ten minute break, they called her.

(What?! I'll be there in 20 minutes.Thank you so much.Has he eaten?)

"Not yet, ma'am, he's been in his office since this morning."

(Alright, I'll be there.)

several minutes later...

"Babe? What are you doing here?"he asked in between coughs.

"Babe! Why did you come to work today?"she asked, checking his temperature.

"Deadlines.I can't leave them alone."

"Eat the soup and we'll go home."she ordered opening the plastic.

"What?! No.I'm staying."

"But babe, your health."

"It's just the cough and cold."

"What are you talking about? You have a fever!"

"I'll be fine."

"No, we're going home right now."

"Babe, please.I really need to get this done.I can't leave, I still have meetings to attend to."

"They'll understand.Babe, your fever could get worse.Please, just let me take you home."

"How about this, I'll eat the soup and then continue working."

"No!You eat the soup and we go home.We're done with this conversation. "he sighed.

"Alright, fine."

"I'll just get a basin with lukewarm water, stay here and don't move."He raised his eyebrows in agreement.Once she got out, he took out his laptop from under the bed and worked.

"Alexander Xian!"she yanked the laptop away from him and put a face towel on his forehead.

"Stop it! Stop working.Can you at least rest?"

"No."

"Xian, I took you home so you could rest.So please, do it...for me."she said with a worried look on her face.He glanced at her.

"Babe,"he called softly.She gazed at him.

"Come here,"he said opening his arms.She hugged him tightly as he kissed her head.

"I'm sorry, okay?Don't worry, I'll be fine."

"Just rest for me, okay? Don't worry about your work, I'll take care of it."

"But who's going to take care of me?"he pouted as they got out of the hug.

"I will."

"Are you sure you can do it, babe?"

"Yeah, besides the kids can take care of themselves."

"Thanks, babe."he said kissing her hand.

"The maids are preparing lunch, I asked them to bring the food to you.I'll just attend your meetings."