Chapter 1; Memories

Danielle's POV:

"What are we going to do we have to go back there and save him!" I proclaimed yelling at Mary. We were in between a fight between Ferid and Crowely and they were currently holding Nick hostage.

Me and Bethy both agreed that we would both go back to save him but of course Mary couldn't think at all. She just sat on the floor looking away from us.

"Mary! We have to go ba-"

"Shut up Dani there's no way, we can't" she said interrupting me.

"They both have level 2 swords and we have no chance you saw what happened to Guren and Shinoa's squad when they went up against the two. Stop being stubborn! I want to go back to them just as much as you do but we both know that we aren't nearly as strong enough to defeat them even with Ethorian weapons. So just shut up and let me think how we are going to get out of here"

I walked towards Mikaela and grabbed his hands in mine. "Can't you help me Mika?" I asked. Mika just shook his head. "I was trained by them I wasn't even able to land a scratch on them. Let's just find a way to get out of here with your friends. Isn't that the plan?" I looked down.

"It is it's just that" I looked back at Bethy who was crying her eyes out at the fact that she'll never be able to see Nick again if we leave now.

I'm going to get Nick back even if it kills me.

I took out my package of pills that made me stronger. "I'm getting Nick back" I said. Everyone in the room looked at me. "I don't care how strong they are I WILL get him back because we do not leave family behind no matter what" I opened the package of pills and popped two in my mouth. Mary noticed.

"Dani spit that out right this instance!!!!" Mika yelled at me standing up and shaking me. "M-mika i'm fin-" I suddenly started coughing up blood. Blood spattered to the floor quickly. I suddenly lost my balance and fell to the floor of the building. "Dani!" Mika yelped kneeling at my side. I kept coughing sooner or later I know all this blood would start filling my lungs making me unable to breath. "Mika..." I said trying to catch my breath. Blood stained on my lips as I knew I was growing weaker. "Dani your going to be alright just keep your eyes open" Mika said reassuring me. I put my hand on his cheek my thumb playing with his soft blonde hair. "I love you M-Mikaela.." I said slowly almost closing my eyes. Mika's eyes started to water as tears went down his cheeks onto my hand. "I love you too.. So that's why you have to stay alive! For my sake!"

His words we're filled with sadness as he knew what was happening, he was loosing his family again. I pulled his head towards mine and kissed him softly as he returned the favor. I feeling his fangs graze on my lips as that was the last feeling I felt in my body before my body completely shut down and gave up.

.....I love you Mikaela Hyakuya....

Mikaela's POV:

I felt her blood on my lips as my body then became to change. I tasted human blood for the first time which meant never going back human. Dani risked her life just the save a friend but why? Why couldn't she just stay here with me. I held her limp hand on my cheek, tears going down my face like a waterfall. I shouldn't have let this happen to her. Her body laid there as blood was stained on her lips and a pool of her blood layed on the floor. Tempting me to drink it, but my feelings were much more stronger than the temptation of blood. Even if Ferid claimed Vampires didn't possess and beating heart that doesn't mean I never loved her. I still do.

"Dani... please wake up.. Please..you can't die like this" exclaimed Mary who seemed to be Dani's companion when she left the vampire city. I still don't trust anyone in her squad but I can tell her emotions were as real as mine were. She started crying trying too give her CPR to make her start breathing again.