please wake up!

4 days later.

I woke up with a groan. Today's the day. Its my parents death anniversary. I sighed remembering the events that happened when I was only six years old.  (pic above is Ari when she was 6.)

Flashback
Mummy,  daddy,  and me were all watching TV happily when suddenly someone started banging in the door.

"I'll get it" six year old me giggled and opened the door revealing a middle aged man with black eyes and spiky hair. He smirked at me.

"hello little girl is your mummy and daddy here? " he asked. His voice is scary  , I thought.

"mummy! Daddy!  Someone's at the door! "

"coming" they both said and walked towards the door mummy looked at the strange man confused and my daddy froze.

"Ah Gregory what a lovely family you have" he said smirking. Daddy looked scared and told mommy and me to go upstairs I was confused as mummy led me upstairs.

"what's going in mama? " I asked

"sweetie listen to me very carefully,  your daddy used to associate with some very bad people and now they are here to get back at him for leaving the gang. " my mummy said looking scared.

I hugged her "mummy I'm scared" before she could reply a gunshot was heard which caused me to cry and my mum to freeze. She bolted downstairs and I followed, feeling scared.

Then I heard another bang and saw my mummy freeze and fall to the ground I looked around and saw the strange man gone and my daddy on the floor with blood around him.

I ran to him with tears streaming down my face "daddy?  Daddy wake up. Daddy! " I sobbed and turned and ran to my mummy.

"mummy?  Mummy please wake up!" I shook her then a police officer came and gently held my hand dragging me away.

"why aren't they waking up? " I question quietly and the officer looked at my sympathetically.

"they've gone to sleep and are now with the angels. " he said bending Down to my level.

"so are they OK?" I questioned inbetween hiccuped.

He didn't reply but pulled me in for a hug and I sobbed into his chest wishing my mummy and daddy would wake up again...
Flashback over

Ever since then I've been in and out of foster homes, but the day I was moving to Lola's I stayed the night at my old home.

I sighed feeling tears stream down my cheeks I wiped them away as Lola came in looking at me sadly. She's the only one that knows what happened.
She pulled me in for a hug as I cried and she rubbed my back soothing telling me to get ready so we could get going.  I nodded silently walking to the bathroom and hearing my bedroom door close.

I looked at my reflection. I looked horrible.  I had tear stains on my face, my eyes were bloodshot, my lips were chapped and my hair was like a birds nest ,sighing I did all my stuff in the bathroom and walked outside deciding an outfit. I know if mum and dad were alive they would want me too love on happily and I sighed. They may not be with me physically,  but they live in my heart and are watching over me all the time.

I picked an outfit and decided on something simple because I didn't want to put to much effort. I made sure to wear my mums necklace. I kept it safe all these years and wore it on this day,  every year.

 I kept it safe all these years and wore it on this day,  every year