2.

"What's going on with you?" Carters dad asked her as they pulled up at her Saturday detention. "I just don't get it, you've never acted like this before."

The girl remained silent and stared out the window, trying to ignore her fathers words. She didn't need to hear it from him, she already knew she screwed up.

"Maybe you need to hang around your brother, he'll be a good influence for yo-" her dad began to say, but was cut off by the angry girl.

"Yeah? Well maybe that's the issue, I'm not my brother, nor will I ever be him. You act like we're one person, but news flash, we're not," Carter told him. She was angry. Everyone compared her to her twin brother. Clay was the better twin. He was the smart twin. He was the athletic twin. She was just Carter, and it was hard for her to accept that.

"Carter, he's actually trying here. You don't see him sneaking into school with a group of boys just to pull a silly prank. And lets not talk about the fact that you were only with boys. What were you thinking Carter?," her father yelled back.

"Maybe I wasn't thinking," she told him.

"I don't want you to screw up your life. This is your senior year, you're supposed to work hard and get into colleges, and you just threw that away. And now you have to spend every single Saturday with a bunch of other criminals. Your mother & I had so many plans for you Carter, I don't know what I'm supposed to do anymore," he spoke to his daughter.

"Well just keep doing what you've been doing for the past 17 years of my life, and do nothing," she said as she closed her eyes.

When her father didn't reply, she took it as her cue to get out of the car

When her father didn't reply, she took it as her cue to get out of the car. The girl sighed heavily and slammed the car door shut as she walked towards the building.

Carter was irritated to say the least. She didn't want to be at school on a Saturday & she really didn't want to return home after it. She was tired of everyone & everything. Just as she made it to the front of the school, her angry thoughts were interrupted by her partner in crime.

"Carter! Wait up," Jason yelled as he got out of his dads truck. The girl looked back at him smiling lightly at the boy and waited for him. The boy made his way to her the best he could, seeing as he had the same brace on his knee as Carter did. "How are you doing?" he asked his friend.

Carter just shrugged, not in the mood to talk, "I've been alright. How's the knee?"

"Hurts like a bitch, but you would know that," he said with a smile on his face as he gestured to the girls knee.