Chapter 1

Kurt was sprawled out on the sofa shuddering at the thought of the earlier events.

FLASHBACK

Kurt was laying out clothes on the shelves of Macy's when tall men wearing full black came barging in with large guns pointed at people's heads. They were yelling, "Get down! Get down!" Kurt tried to run when a man about 6 feet tall picked him up and threw Kurt to the wall. "Stay down!" He winced at the stabbing pain in his left side. Kurt watched all the people screaming and yelling for help. He silently sobbed in the corner, watching everything as it happened. A man full dressed in black walked up to Kurt and pointed the large gun right at his forehead.

"You work here?" The man asked.

Kurt nodded slightly, not wanting to know what's going to happen next. The man picked Kurt up by the shoulders and dragged him harshly to the registers. He nudged Kurt over to the registers, implying to get the money out. Kurt slowly unlocked the register and grabbed the cash and change with his shaky hands and put it into the bag the man was holding.

"Get the others." Luckily, right as the man said that, cops came barging in and tackling the robbers. Kurt sighed in relief, getting out of this nightmare.

REALITY

Finally, instead of moping around about that, he got up and walked into his room and sat at his desk. He opened up his Mac and browsed the images on instagram. His friends that worked at Macy's as well were posting pictures about what happened. Kurt was hoping Blaine would get home soon because the quietness of the apartment was scary and weird. Blaine would occasionally be singing songs or practicing piano or just talking to Kurt but he was out with his girlfriend, Paige. She was very, very, pretty and sweet and nice but she could be a bitch. Especially to Kurt. Sometimes she would side glance and give him the death stare when he even taps on Blaine's shoulder. Blaine doesn't usually notice or doesn't want to start anything because he knows that she'll start up a fight in the middle of the street if she wants to.

Kurt got up from his chair and ran his fingers through his chestnut hair, fixing it up a little bit and glancing at his outfit he was wearing, matching plaid pajamas. It was around 7:30 and Blaine would usually be home by now so Kurt picked up his phone and scrolled through the contacts till he found: Blainey Days.

To: Blainey Days

Hey, you coming home soon? Just text me back when you can x

He walked into the kitchen, playing with a button on his plaid shirt. Doritos and other chips were laid out on the shelves. Drinks like Pepsi, Coffee cream, and water were in the fridge. Usually red vines were all over the apartment somewhere like on the sofa or the countertops.

Kurt jumped at the sound of the front door opening and Blaine walking in.

"Hey, Kurt. Oh my gosh, are you okay? I heard what happened from instagram." He walked over to Kurt.

"Oh yeah, I'm fine. Just a little shocked though."

"I'm sorry, maybe we can put in a movie and pop some popcorn?" He asked.

"Sure," Kurt trotted over to the movies happily and picked out a favorite, West Side Story. He turned on the tv, popped in the movie, and let the commercials play.

"So," Kurt said, laying out fluffy blankets and pillows on the couch. "What did you do with Paige today?"

"Well, we went to the movie theater and watched Beauty And The Beast which was a really good movie. We had dinner at An Italian Restaurant called Capocuoco. Nice, laid back evening," he walked over and put the popcorn on the coffee table. "Then Paige shows me all the stuff on instagram so I hurried up and finished dinner and came back home to make sure you were safe. I should've called you, I'm sorry."