Chapter Twenty-Four (The real & FINAL)

• Dedicated to Apoorva and Kirtana, for being amazing despite being classmates

“Surprise, surprise hey?” Aurora mocked and gave Austin a scowl.

“You…B-but…Jennifer…What!?” he stuttered, not quite understanding whatever happened.

“I called form my mobile…how come you didn’t even recognize it was me?” Aurora asked in a stern voice…taking a step forward.

“I…uhh…I may have deleted it…” he said, his voice growing silent…but loud enough for Aurora to hear.

“So Austin Roux…what’s with the advert?” she said. 

No reply.

“I mean, you seem to be in the mood for some fun eh? Single and ready to mingle!” she mocked with fake enthusiasm.

“We were getting a divorce…and-“

“And it wasn’t even official!” she snapped at him, cutting him short. “How can you not even try to give it a chance?”

Austin’s face snapped at her, some sort of hope entered his eyes. He took a step forward to Aurora.

“So you’re saying I stood a chance?” he asked, taking a step forward.

Aurora’s eyes quickly averted from his and she cleared her throat, trying to regain the dominance.

“How come you’re here and not in your best-friend’s wedding?” she said diverting the topic.

“I knew I would see you there…” he replied blankly, taking another step forward. Aurora froze on her spot…two more steps, and they would be an inch apart.

“And Meenu, she let you off the hook?” she asked, still successful on diverting the topic.

“I called her up and told her, she said it was al-right…she said she had some plans…” he replied doubtfully.

Oh yeah…she had plans al-right! Aurora thought, and a small smile escaped her face.

“It’s still going on right?” he asked, Aurora nodded.

“And what brings you here?” he asked, the smirk that Aurora had longed to see, filling up his face.

“Well, I saw your little public act…and…uhh…came over to see how popular you are…” she said, keeping her posture straight.

“Really? And how did that go?” he asked, taking a step closer.

There it was! An inch apart!

“Oh don’t you turn this upon me you jerk!” she snapped at him, poking him in the chest. “I actually came here, almost stopping a wedding, only to find my darling husband flirting with some stranger!” 

“Darling husband eh?” his smirk grew wider. “So I do stand a chance…” he muttered to himself.

Aurora let out a groan. “Oh goddammit! How can you even ask such a stupid question?!” she snapped at him.

Austin found this amusing.

“For the sake of crying out loud, I am un-controllably, irrevocably, un-conditionally-“

She never got to finish what she was saying. In-fact she might have been a little bit pre-occupied.

Austin cut her off, but kissing her…without her permission…again! But it was a much better experience for him again. After the initial shock, Aurora gave in…and she took the Austin that she missed so much.

His arms went around her waist and hers around his neck. Aurora tried to get him even more closer, not even letting a single space between them. They broke apart after what seemed like a long time.