Love's War

Chapter 1

A/N : If some of you are familiar with this story, and say "Hey why is this girl stealing that other girl's story", and to those who are new... please read! Hi I am Ally, previously ClarissaYsabelle/JustSayAlly i took Love's War down sometime last year due to personal reasons, but it is 100% back now :) If you continue reading, you will notice some changes. I have changed some points in the plot of the story and removed/ "remodeled" some of the characters. Also, if you are demanding quicker updates due to the fact that I already made it to around 10-11 chapters last time... that's not going to happen. You see, in the real world (real world, really, Ally?) I write my stories in notebooks that I carry with me to school.  Since I am in fact re writing Love's War, I am still in chapter 3 at the moment so please bear with me on this. 

I hope you guys will still read this like last time and hope you enjoy!!! :) 

===================================================================

Waking up to the sound of the early morning rain wasn't really Katherine Castillo's idea of a fresh start. After all, today was a very important day for her. It was the day the Castillo Motors executives would choose the top three racers to qualify for the Ferrari race. All eyes were on Katherine because, aside from being the youngest racer the company had, she was the daughter of the Chairman and CEO, Stephen Castillo. She was also the only female who made it to eliminations, so much pressure was on her. 

Just because she was the Chairman's daughter, didn't mean that she could get anything she wanted. She had to strive and train like all the others did. Stephen Castillo didn't settle for anything less than perfection, especially when it came to his children. When they started something, they had to achieve. 

It was only six o'clock, six hours before her call time, and she was already so restless. Her father wanted her to top the race. He expected it from her. Eversince she expressed an interest in cars and racing, he pushed her to train and , when he decided she was good enough, started her off in the company's race team. Eventually, her hardwork paid off. After racing for only two years, she was now one of California's top racers.

Seeing as she couldn't return to sleep anymore, she got ready for the day; taking a short bath then heading downstairs for breakfast. It wasn't a surprise when she saw her parents halfway through breakfast already.  

“Good morning, sweetheart.” Kathleen Castillo greeted her youngest daughter. “You’re up early today.”

“I can’t seem to go to sleep.” She replied, pulling out a chair.

From its perch near her mother’s feet, her Yorkshire terrier, Mia, excitedly made her way to Katherine, wagging her tail as if waiting for Katherine to take her for a walk.

“Hi Mia,” she reached down to pick up the tiny animal, placing it on her lap as the house-help placed a plate of breakfast in front of her.

“I won’t have any of that. You have a big day today, you need rest.” Kathleen ordered.

“Don’t suffocate the girl.” Stephen said, not even bothering to look up from the morning paper. “If she doesn’t want to rest, don’t make her.”

Katherine was silent. Being the baby in the family, her father expected her to fulfil every expectation her siblings bypassed along with new expectations for her.

Her brother, Christopher – Chris for short – was now a doctor. Her sister, Clarissa, better known as Clary, was now the head of the marketing department of the Castillo Group of Companies after leaving behind her full time job as a model. People saw her as the most likely to inherit the entire empire, seeing as she was already looking into a promotion to Vice President after only a year back. Katherine, on the other hand, was finishing off her pre-law at UCLA. She would most likely be heading off the Harvard Law School in the fall.