Chapter 3

Chapter 3

As soon as Clary and Thomas arrived at the VIP box, Miles, the head of her father’s security detail, motioned for them to take the seats right behind Stephen and his guests. Stephen looked up once he saw them and stood up.

“Gentlemen, this is my daughter, Clarissa, and her boyfriend, Thomas Scott of Scott Industries.” Stephen introduced. “This is Alfred and Alexander Harris from Harrington Group of Companies. We’re looking towards a deal with them if and when we get the contract.”

“Good morning.” Clary said, stepping forward to shake their hands.

“I believe Katherine is completely capable of the big win. After all, she is a Castillo.” Alfred said, and then he turned to Clary, “Our company is willing to merge with yours with regards to the Ferrari deal. I have no doubt that Raven Motors is your top competitor, but I think Katherine has more potential than their racers.”

“She is a headstrong woman.” Clary agreed.

“I think that for a woman, she proves to most that she is more than capable of doing something only men usually do.” Alexander answered.

Clary merely smiled at him, happy that someone seemed to finally see Katherine in a good light.

Once all the executives were in place, Stephen gave the signal to start. Clary watched as her sister placed first in the first and second laps, as she almost crashed into a car trying to block her, and as she finished first, beating her best time. Stephen, on the other hand, didn’t even bat an eye.

As the executives handed in the brown envelopes containing evaluation reports and slowly piled out, Stephen remained neutral, only speaking with his guests. It was only when Katherine- already in her street clothes- came into the room that he, along with Alfred and Alexander, stood up.

Stephen introduced the three of them to each other and watched, rather gleefully, as Alexander placed a kiss on the back of Katherine’s hand. Meanwhile, Clary watched in horror as Blake came up the stairs just as it happened. Katherine stood shell shock as Alexander’s touch lingered until Blake cleared his throat and she jumped back.

“Gentlemen, we’ll continue this in my office.” Stephen said, a small smile playing on the corners of his lips.

As soon as they were gone, Katherine started apologizing to Blake.

“Blake, I didn’t know, I swear. If I had known-,” Blake easily cut her off.

“It’s okay, I know you wouldn’t do anything like that.”Blake said, hugging her to him.

Katherine sighed in relief, happy that Blake was understanding about the whole situation.

“We’ll leave you two at that.” Thomas said teasingly. “Unlike both of you, we have work to do.”

Blake motioned them away with a wave of his hand. Thomas and Clary laughed as they left Katherine and Blake alone in the viewing dock.

“Come on,” Blake said, placing a kiss on her lips, “We should leave before anyone else comes up here.”

AN: HIIIII!!!! Okay this was a very short "filler" chapter with only 500 words or something but I think it packed quite a punch :)) so in the writted version of this in my little notebook, this is still part of Chapter 1 (R U SERIOUS?!) yea. that was a really long chapter and this seemed like the best place to cut it so too much won't happen in one chapter. hope you guys understand! 

This chapter was written with videos from Ellen playing. (LOVE the video with Kai on it.he's so adorable) so if you have time please check that out!! 

Bye! Hugs and bacon, Ally