|| two ||

It was a new morning, day and life for me. I was gloomily lounging around –on the bed since I need not move from my position, as I would probably cause further injury to myself.

It had gotten pretty annoying that every five minutes there’ll be a nurse checking up on me asking me if I feel all right, every time I replied with a simple and a curt nod. Harry had left early in the morning saying he had work to do, at his new job at the tattoo parlor.

He claims that inking someone’s body is a “work of art” I couldn’t deny it, yet I also couldn’t agree with it. Getting a tattoo is like having a scar; it’s there forever. He tried persuading me to tag along with him, my first excuse was that I was stuck here until a week; my second excuse was that needles make me queasy. Which wasn’t a lie.

“Claire?” I see Doctor Greendale at the door as I nodded and gestured him to come in, even he had no need to ask for any permission, “You start your prescription today,” He reminded me as he picked up the bottle and tossed it to me, I missed the catch and it fell to the side of my bed.

“Do I really need this?” I asked him as he nodded and sighed, he pulled up a green chair and sat right next to my bed – and I.

“Listen, Claire. I had a daughter like you before,” He said in a weak voice, “Had?” He nodded, “Yes, had. She committed the night before her birthday. I know what’s it like to have someone depressed in the family. I myself never knew how depression felt like, until my daughter was gone. I slowly slipped in to the world of depression myself, and I can say I know it’s not a pretty ride. You’re lucky your mom cares about you this much to set you on prescription – it isn’t cheap, Claire.”

I scoffed, “All my mom does is anything besides care for me – let alone my feelings.” I snarled at him, not meaning to sound so harsh.

“I–I’m sorry.” I apologized as I gazed at my pale hands.

“Her name was Bethany, she–she was a beauty. She seemed so happy… I–I … I’d never thought she was sad in any form.” He choked out in an understanding manner, as I let out a small laugh.

“Doctor Greendale, depression isn’t scary. It’s gloomy. You either win or die trying.”

“Claire…”

“I’m serious, depression is like you’re alive, and you can see everything surrounding you. But y–you’re just… dead.” I sighed out as I inhaled a sharp intake of air suddenly in more need of it.

“I understand Claire, I wish I did sooner.” He said before exiting the hospital room with a sigh almost indaubily.

The week passed quite quickly, and as soon as I knew it, I was on a wheelchair being wheeled out by Harry, my brother on his right, and mom on his left. I hadn’t been wearing makeup for the past few days and I’m pretty sure my dark circles are more vivid than ever.

“Diana, can I bring Claire out for dinner tonight?” Harry asked my mom as we were almost reaching the car, “Why?” Pushing it mom.

“I need to ask her on some… opinions.” He hesitated as he avoided my mom’s gaze afterwards, “Sure. Make sure she’s back before eleven.” She told him as we entered the black range rover, Harry carrying me in to the car as I had the disability to walk for a few days, or weeks.

The whole car ride only consisted of conversations my brother tried to fire up with Harry and I, usually the topic is him and I were dating, which is an obvious no. The thing about Jason, he always pretended as if nothing ever happened – like he never laid a hand on me.

Once we reached home – my home. Harry had offered my mom to help with my disabilities to walk for her, she agreed immediately, I knew she didn’t want to deal with her screwed up child.

Harry helped carry me to the top of the stairs and in to my room, which seemed duller than before.

He set me on the bed as I felt the bed dip his weight shifting a bit, he bit his lip while fiddling with the hem of his shirt, “What was the thing you needed to ask me about?” I questioned him as I laid flat on my back on the bed.

“Oh that…”

“Is anything wrong, Har? You know you can trust me, right?” I was afraid if he felt I couldn’t be trusted anymore, “I–I’m in love with someone…” That was one thing I was definitely not expecting to here.

Last time he confirmed he never will do love, he said it was a nuisance to his life and he promises to stay away from anything love related.

“How’s she like?”

“Unreachable.”

I laughed, “Unreachable? You’re kidding me; tell her how you feel! You’ve got to introduce your best friend to her,” I nudged him in a teasing manner as he nervously laughed.

“Enough about her,” He said dropping the subject as I frowned.

“I want to help you, Claire.”

“You’re being more than enough of help, Harry.” I said.

He sighed, “I want to make you happy again,”

“We both know that’s nearly impossible.” I dug my nails in to my sides as I sighed, “I want to help you to get over your depression,”

I snorted, “I have Anti-Depressants for that.” He frowned at my attempt of mere humour.

“I’m serious,”

“So am I,”

“Claire, I know you – I mean we, can both make it true, I want to fix you.”

“Harry, thank you for the concern, but… I’m just too broken to be fixed.”

Author’s Note:

Haha second chapter! Sorry if it’s short, enjoy!

Please vote and comment! – Ana.