Behind the door

I turn around. In front of me is a man and woman sitting next to each other in front of a seat, which they gesture for me to sit on.

The man begins to speak. "Before we start, can you tell me your name and age?"

"My name is Roy Blaker sir, and I am currently twelve years old."

"When is your birthday?"

"December twentieth."

"Okay, thanks. I am Oliver Whittingham and this is Jean Tostor. I am  the deputy head of no-Maj relations, and Jean is... well she'd better explain that."

Jean threw a cloud of shade to Oliver that he didn't acknowledge before turning back to me. "Well basically I help advise important people with decisions. Today we need to investigate the case that we have been presented with. I understand that you may have some questions, but we need you to answer some of ours first."

I give her a nod.

"To start with, how did you come across Mr Roach, the man that escorted you here today. Take as long as you like, we would like to know the whole story."

"Well, umm. I guess it started when the monster came? It flattened our house so me and my mom went to the Subway for shelter just as they brought out this man who was cuffed. Then we were told we could leave and everything was ok, so me and my mom just went walking, then it started to rain. Then we got to our house, and it was back to normal. My mom didn't remember anything about the event and she said I was daydreaming when I asked. I wanted to see if everything else was normal so I went on a walk, where I saw Mr Roach and someone else waving some sticks and then.... then this happened."

Oliver hastily wrote something down in a notebook.

"Alright." Jean says. "Typical No-maj curiosity. Then Mr Roach took you here without obliviating you?"

"I don't know what that is, madam." I reply.

"Yes, yes. I just needed to test. Mr Roach said you clearly knew nothing about our world."

"I'm sorry ma'am. Your world?"

"There will be time for questions later." she says sternly. "Mr Roach said you could see the building straight off. Is that correct Roy?"

"Yes."

"And before today you knew nothing about the building, MACUSA or magic's existence?"

"Well I knew about like magic tricks with magicians on street corners...?"

"I must have not made myself clear. Have any odd things happened to you ever? Something you didn't intend to do but did? Something you couldn't explain?"

"Urghhh....  I guess? I have made people get pushed back hard before when they were trying to hurt me."

"Hmmmm. Interesting. Let me just talk with Oliver for one second.."

I stand up.

"No, not like that, you can stay seated." Oliver says.

I sit back down.