Chapter One | Aaron

Aaron tossed and turned, but to no avail. Is mind was racing almost as fast as his heart. Resting his hands behind his head, he began to absorb his thoughts. It was 2 a.m. and he couldn't sleep. He had arrived home from work wanting nothing more than to get some rest, but now he couldn't be more awake. He couldn't get the events of the day out of his mind. Not the perpetual political whirlwind that he was always caught up in, but something different. Just hours before, he had kissed Emily Rhodes. It wasn't a dream. He knew this because the concept of sleep seemed as far away as ever.
He wasn't entirely sure how it had happened. He did remember that it was him who glanced at her lips. Did that mean that he had initiated the kiss? The was the one who technically leaned in, but she wouldn't have if he hadn't given her some kind of sign. Had he kissed Emily Rhodes, or had Emily Rhodes kissed him? This was the question that had been haunting him.
He turned his body around so that his face was buried in a pillow. He remained in that position for a few seconds before he needed to come up for air. He then shifted onto his side. He opened his eyes and stared straight into the wall as if the answers to all of his questions could be found there if he looked hard enough. He usually wasn't one for statements like these, but he knew that he loved her. He didn't have a single doubt. What he longed to know was what he was to her. He was sure that she knew.
The kiss has been a confession for him. He didn't hold back. He had tried as hard as he could to tell her just how much she meant to him through one kiss. Was that possible? He recalled every moment in his head. First, he had glanced at her lips. She had then leaned in and softly kissed him. He had quickly deepened the kiss, which seemed to excite her because that's when she changed their positions and placed her hand on his jaw. He ran a hand through his hair, knowing that reliving the movement would cause him nothing but pain.
His thoughts were interrupted when he heard a knock at his door. In nothing but sweatpants, he dragged himself out of bed and walked to the front door. He heard a few more firm knocks and swung the door open, ready to tell whoever it was to leave him alone at 2:30 a.m. His eyes went wide when the eyes that met his belonged to none other than Emily Rhodes.

A/N: Aaron's parts written by Rhett.