Chapter 3

I began to walk deeper into the park. There was a swing set with icicles hanging from the chains. Snow was carefully placed onto the seats. I trudged through the ankle deep snow and stood in front of the swing set. A chilly breeze blew through the park taking my breath away.

"What's wrong Arianna? You look down." Michael asked plopping down on the snow covered swing next to me.

"Nothing...." I replied with my head down.

"Yes there is and I'll have to figure it out sooner or later." He teased nudging my shoulder.

I looked at him with his crooked smile on his face. His dark hair was full of little snowflakes. He was right, he was going to find out out sooner or later.

"Jimmy Richards stood me up on that movie date. I guess his friends dared him to go with me.. because I'm the freak of our high school." I whispered with tears streaming down my face.

Michael stood up and held out his hand.

"Lets get that Jimmy Richards some good old revenge. eh?" He smirked pulling me off the swing.

"No! Michael! Don't you dare!" I shouted as he pulled me through the park.

Michael was notorius for pulling horrible pranks and getting revenge. One time he was even put into jail for it. Well actually a holding cell for 2 hours. "2 hours in the slammer can really change a person." He laughed the next day.

"We're not pulling a prank on him!" I screamed trying to pull away from him.

"Calm down, we're not pulling a prank. I'm taking you ice skating." He said tugging my hand.

"What?" I scoff.

That day we went ice skating. Jimmy Richards was there with his gang of friends. His eyes widened as Michael and I glided across the ice hand and hand. We skated until it grew dark. The Christmas lights around the rink lit up giving the ice a magical glow.

"I have something to tell you." Michael whispered into my ear.

I looked into his eyes wide with curiousity.

"I love you Arianna." He smiled as he leaned in kissing my cheek.

A spark of energy went through my body.

I rocked on the swing slowly sniffling at the memory. He was my first and last kiss. It was so magical and unforgetable. The other swing next to me slowly moved in the wind.