Chapter 2

-Flash Forward-

"You give me a worm for dinner? What kind of wife are you, Kay Faraday-Edgeworth?" cried Edgeworth firmly. Bryan and Gregory exchanged glances, muttered, "Let's get away from this madman," and then hurriedly left the kitchen and went to their rooms. Kay sighed deeply, strokes Edgeworth's hair gently, and said,

"Miles, honey, it's not a worm. This is ramen noodles, Miles. You love ramen noodles, this is one of your favorite foods, remember?"

"Don't joke, Kay. How could I like a worm as one of my favorite food?" said Edgeworth again with slightly rising tone. Kay glanced briefly at Edgeworth's tranquilizers medicine bottle. The bottle still looks full. It seems Edgeworth forgot to take his medication again.

"You forgot to take your medication again, Miles?"

Edgeworth bulging. "And if yes, why? I wanted to eat dinner, not to eat medicine!" Edgeworth kicked off the plate in front of him with his fists. "Get rid of this worm, I need food, not a worm!"

"This is a food, Miles, not worms. Here, I'll prove it to you." Kay takes one spoon of the ramen and forcibly shoved the spoon in her hand into Edgeworth's mouth. For a moment, Edgeworth almost choked, but he finally chewing and swallowing the ramen.

"Delicious," said Edgeworth. "It is not a worm!"

"Well, what I told you! Believes in your wife! Ramen noodles indeed a delicious food! Especially if the ramen noodle is the result of my cook!" teased Kay as she kisses Edgeworth's cheeks.

"Feed me until the last spoon," Edgeworth said spoiled tone.

"All right, all right. You're such a spoiled boy." Kay giggled softly, then continue feeding Edgeworth. The husband and wife laughing together, enjoy the ramen noodles.

Ah, if only the atmosphere of the house like this every day.Can they keep laughing happily and become harmonious again, like they used to be?

-Flash Forward-

Now, Edgeworth didn't just hear strange voices in his head, but he also saw various of human shadowy figure who always appears in front of him, wherever he goes, whichever way he sees. If he drank his medicine, the shadows and the voices stopped showing up, but when he was not taking his medication, the shadows and the voices will become very clear. He started to can't tell the difference which one is his fantasies, or which one people who really stand in front of him.

He sat in his office, enjoys reading the newspaper. Suddenly he heard the sound of footsteps. He looked up from his newspaper, and the shadow of the man, who always haunt him, standing in front of him.

He blinked a few times. The man's shadow becomes more clear, and he clutched his chest as he realized who it was.

Joe Darke. Holding a knife in his hand. And smile, like a demon.

"Hi, Miles Edgeworth. Long time no see. Did you miss me?" His voice was cold and deep, making Edgeworth increasingly frightened. The man took a step forward, getting closer to Edgeworth.

"What are you doing here??? You have been executed! You can't be alive anymore, no, no, this is impossible, go, go, go !!"

"I want to get my revenge on you, Miles Edgeworth."

"Go, go, go, go!!!" He was scared. He shouted as loud as possible, hoping that someone will hear him and realized that someone was trying to kill him in his office, even though the person had died years ago.

Do ghosts can kill? Maybe yes.

He had to defend himself. No, he did not want someone kill him!