ρяσℓσυgє

••o••

Alítheia was a seer. A seer of the village of Elpida. A hushed village on the edge
of a snow drowned peak.

Not many know or care for this town of strangers. They are even strangers among each other.

Alítheia stayed in a cave, a hidden alcove in the cold of the unforgiving mountains.
Her life is good, the villagers bring her food and her alcove is clean and has fresh water.

She communicates with the stars. She speaks with the gods. She sees the past, present, and future. She sees all.

But nothing of the war, blood, mutilation, sacrifice, and inhumane events she had witnessed would prepare her for what she saw.

Their screech haunts her nightmares. Their eyes are forever engraved in her mind. And their faces shows only indescribable terror.

She can't wake herself from these visions. Not even can she stir her mind to block out the thoughts that accompany these creatures. They look human, their eyes and faces resemble man, but make no mistake they are not human.

She cannot sleep and she cannot wake. She begins to hollow. She stops eating the food brought to her and her mind goes blurred. She no longer is herself.

She knows that they can't be stopped. She knows they won't be. She won't tell the village. Better to let them live out the final years of humanity in bliss. Better to let the villagers keep from worry for the rest of the time they have left.

For all life only has 6 more years. Then they will come. The sea won't hold them forever. And they will not stop until they have tortured and mercilessly slaughtered all that live. So let life have 6 years to be beautiful, cruel, and unpredictable. But after that, they will see to the end. They will see to the Capture.

••o••